What do I need to know about ObiFind.com search?
Questions about Obifind.com virus
The reason why we suggest removing this additional application from your computer is that it doesn’t adequately disclose its presence when entering the computer system and also it aims to serve third-party content without checking its quality. It says that it is not responsible for “privacy practices of any such third parties.” If you care about your computer’s safety, we advise you to think about ObiFind.com removal already. It can be done with programs like Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego or Malwarebytes. Using a search engine that cares about revenue making rather than satisfaction of its users is a bad choice – at least in our opinion.
How did I install this potentially unwanted program on my computer?
ObiFind.com hijack takes place when the user downloads and installs some freeware from the Internet. You must remember that free programs often carry additional attachments that appear to be browser toolbars or applications, which, unfortunately, usually are ad-supported. Nobody likes to receive excessive amounts of advertisements on a daily basis, so we advise you to stay away from programs that deliver them. To protect yourself from adware and browser hijackers, choose Custom or Advanced option at all times when you install new programs on your PC. After selecting one of these options, deselect all “additional third-party programs” recommended to you.
How to uninstall ObiFind.com hijacker?
Browser hijackers can be easily uninstalled using anti-spyware or anti-malware programs. Remember that these programs are meant to remove ObiFind.com virus and similar ad-supported software as well as critical programs, whereas antivirus software typically aims to eliminate very dangerous viruses only. It goes without saying that we do not want any of spyware or malware programs in our systems. Therefore, we recommend using antivirus and anti-malware programs at once. If you are not looking for those, we suggest trying these ObiFind.com removal tips:
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Obifind.com virus, follow these steps:
Erase Obifind.com from Windows systems
Although you might not notice any obvious ObiFind’s signs in the Control Panel next to all recently installed programs, we suggest you remove all suspicious entries (especially those programs that were installed without your knowledge).
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Obifind.com and related programs
Here, look for Obifind.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Obifind.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Uninstall Obifind.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Obifind.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of Obifind.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Clear Firefox by uninstalling ObiFind-related extensions. Do it this way:
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Obifind.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Obifind.com removal.
Eliminate Obifind.com from Google Chrome
Find ObiFind extension in Chrome and eliminate it as shown below.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Obifind.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Obifind.com removal.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.