What do I need to know about ObiFind.com search?
Questions about Obifind.com virus
The reason why we suggest removing this additional application from your computer is that it doesn’t adequately disclose its presence when entering the computer system and also it aims to serve third-party content without checking its quality. It says that it is not responsible for “privacy practices of any such third parties.” If you care about your computer’s safety, we advise you to think about ObiFind.com removal already. It can be done with programs like ReimageIntego or Malwarebytes. Using a search engine that cares about revenue making rather than satisfaction of its users is a bad choice – at least in our opinion.
How did I install this potentially unwanted program on my computer?
ObiFind.com hijack takes place when the user downloads and installs some freeware from the Internet. You must remember that free programs often carry additional attachments that appear to be browser toolbars or applications, which, unfortunately, usually are ad-supported. Nobody likes to receive excessive amounts of advertisements on a daily basis, so we advise you to stay away from programs that deliver them. To protect yourself from adware and browser hijackers, choose Custom or Advanced option at all times when you install new programs on your PC. After selecting one of these options, deselect all “additional third-party programs” recommended to you.
How to uninstall ObiFind.com hijacker?
Browser hijackers can be easily uninstalled using anti-spyware or anti-malware programs. Remember that these programs are meant to remove ObiFind.com virus and similar ad-supported software as well as critical programs, whereas antivirus software typically aims to eliminate very dangerous viruses only. It goes without saying that we do not want any of spyware or malware programs in our systems. Therefore, we recommend using antivirus and anti-malware programs at once. If you are not looking for those, we suggest trying these ObiFind.com removal tips:
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Obifind.com virus, follow these steps:
Erase Obifind.com from Windows systems
Although you might not notice any obvious ObiFind’s signs in the Control Panel next to all recently installed programs, we suggest you remove all suspicious entries (especially those programs that were installed without your knowledge).
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Obifind.com and related programs
Here, look for Obifind.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Obifind.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Uninstall Obifind.com from Mac OS X system
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Obifind.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Obifind.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Obifind.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Obifind.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Obifind.com virus-related entries.
Get rid of Obifind.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Clear Firefox by uninstalling ObiFind-related extensions. Do it this way:
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Obifind.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Obifind.com removal.
Eliminate Obifind.com from Google Chrome
Find ObiFind extension in Chrome and eliminate it as shown below.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Obifind.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Obifind.com removal.
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.