If you want to optimize your PC, you may easily fall for installing Optimizer Pro from PC Utilities Pro. This tool claims to perform a variety of functions, including removal of unnecessary items, instant system cleanup, check privacy issues, analyze memory, create backups, and so on. However, before installing it, you should consider why security experts refer to this program as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Moreover, sometimes it is even labeled as a rogue optimization tool. Thus, if you have been considering to install this app or if it has started running on your PC as if out of nowhere, our recommendation would be to perform a full system check with Reimage and an ultimate removal of Optimizer Pro virus.
Why security experts do not recommend using Optimizer Pro virus?
Technically, Optimizer Pro is a system optimization tool. From the very first glimpse, it seems like a trustworthy tool, but don’t fall for its misleading external traits. Our research team has conducted research on this app and claim that it can hardly improve PC’s performance because it can detect and fix just a small part of PC’s errors. In reality, it’s the main purpose is to scare gullible PC users into thinking that their PCs need a serious maintenance that cost a considerable amount of money. Buying Optimizer Pro license key will provide you with the basic system optimizing functions that are typically performed by all free optimization tools. Therefore, DO NOT buy this useless license because you may only lose your hard earned money for nothing.
How can Optimizer Pro hijack my computer and what signs reveal its presence?
Optimizer Pro PUP has the official website where people can download a free trial version or purchase its full version. Nevertheless, people seldom install it purposely because it can hardy be encountered on the Internet accidentally. Its developers typically use ‘bundling’ to spread this misleading optimization tool without being noticed and stopped. So, when you install a freeware (media player, zip files, download managers, PDF creators, etc.), you have to verify their installation process by selecting either Advanced or Custom installation mode. There you can find a misleading check box saying that you don’t mind installing Optimizer Pro malware, so make sure that you opt out of it.
If, unfortunately, you skip such a check box with a bunch of additional components marked by default, then you may notice the following issues:
- Your PC may start executing Optimizer Pro scans. That may cause your PC to run in a sluggish manner;
- The results will always warn about various issues, including PUP/malware infections, suspicious registries, and similar errors. The problem is that most of the files indicated as errors are random system files removal of which will improve nothing on your PC;
- You may also notice Optimizer Pro pop-ups or alerts that urge you to perform a scan or warn about various errors;
- Besides, no matter what content this misleading optimizer delivers, clicking on ‘Fix,’ ‘Remove,’ and similar issues will end up with Optimizer Pro redirects to the official page where you will be offered to purchase a license key.
As we have already mentioned, DO NOT pay money for an ordinary tool that can hardly improve your PC’s performance and stability. Contrary, it may cause slowdowns or even remove the wrong files. Thus, if this application is already running n the background, use a professional anti-malware or perform a full system check with anti-malware and remove Optimizer Pro virus without a delay. If you need a detailed guide how to remove it, jump to the Page2.
How can I remove this rogue PC optimization tool?
You can delete Optimizer Pro manually or automatically. All you have to do is to stop its process on Task Manager and exclude it from the list of Windows registry. For that, you should perform the following steps:
- Click ‘Start’ and select ‘Control Panel;’
- Select ‘Uninstall a Program’ under ‘Programs’.
- Choose ‘Optimizer Pro’ and click on ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
- Click ‘Yes’ and ‘OK’ to save the changes.
However, once you perform Optimizer Pro removal, run a full system scan with Malwarebytes Anti Malware or Reimage in order yo delete all other potentially unwanted programs that may be lurking on your PC.