Hardly useful Plusnetwork.com search features can cause many problems to you
Plusnetwork.com virus may look like a reliable search engine. You can start visiting this page after installing some free program, such as CrossBrowser, Messenger Plus! Community Smartbar and others. However, due to its capability to redirect its users to commercial domains, it has been classified as a browser hijacker.
As the majority of these PUPs, this one claims to enhance people's browsing experience by displaying “the most reliable search results”. However, you should never forget the fact that Plusnetwork.com is a commercial website launched for monetization purposes. It has been found that its developers have been actively using pay-per-click scheme while trying to earn the money which is collected from different parties without checking them first.
If you don't want to find yourself on a suspicious website which seeks to infect your computer with malware, make sure you remove this hijacker from your computer.
In addition, note that this domain might share your personal information with third parties. Disclosing personal information online has been an occasional problem which concerns not only IT specialists but ordinary computer users as well. Because of that, we highly recommend using Reimage for Plusnetwork.com removal.
This misleading search engine spreads along with Messenger Plus! Community toolbar that can be found on the list of “optional components” when installing Skype, download managers, and similar software.
PlusNetwork virus is always set to install alongside the main program by default; therefore, if you do not pay much attention to the toolbar's installation process, Plus Network can infiltrate your computer behind your back. Once it does that, it tries to replace the start page, the default search provider, and a new tab page.
This can happen on each of your web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or even Safari since both the toolbar and search site supports all the most popular web browsers.
Furthermore, this search engine can also spies on its users by accumulating browser-related information and transmitting it to suspicious third parties.
Speaking in online marketing terms, user data has become one of the most wanted objects . Sharing it with various third parties may result in privacy violation issues . This should not be tolerated because third parties may use such pieces of information for really suspicious purposes:
- search terms;
- websites visited;
- data entered in them;
- PC's IP address and location;
- email address;
- and similar personally non-identifiable information.
For instance, collected data can be used for email spamming or creation of misleading ads.
Thus, if you do not want to slip on its redirects and land on potentially dangerous websites, we highly recommend you remove Plusnetwork.com browser hijacker from Google Chrome (as well as from Microsoft Edge, Firefox and other browsers) along with the toolbar and other components.
Security expert is showing how does Plusnetwork.com virus look like
Many faces of Plus Network: other browser hijackers also serve its search results
It is important to understand that you can get redirected to hxxp://www.plusnetwork.com/?sp=reim5&q= site when dealing with a different browser hijacker, too. For example, some of the most prevalent browser redirect viruses known today replace victim's homepage with Saerch.net, Netfindersearch.com, Goqrench.net and other dubious domains.
In case one or several browsers started to load one of these sites automatically and you have no idea how to stop them from doing so, we suggest you take a look at instructions we provided. Here, you can find comprehensive tutorials on how to remove Plus Network from Microsoft Edge and other web browsers.
Do not forget to uninstall all other shady components and programs that were installed around the same time your browsers were hijacked (highly recommended).
Tricks to keep browser hijackers away from your computer
We have already mentioned how Plusnetwork.com hijack occurs. The shady search tool arrives as Messenger Plus! Community toolbar. The latter travels as an attachment to various freeware and shareware as a recommended “optional component.”
Thus, it means that if you download a download manager, media player or another free software not attentively enough, you might easily get tricked into installing the entire bundle of apps. To prevent this from happening, you should always check “Advanced” or “Custom” settings because it's the only way to see all components that piece out the freeware.
Follow each installation step and deselect all unfamiliar components, especially when they are set by default. You might also want to review your ad-blocking settings. Taking a look at the frequently used websites' privacy policies might also encourage you to treat your personal information more safely .
Remove Plus Network to make your browsing sessions more secure
If you have already got infected with this hijacker, don't worry if you do not know how to remove Plus Network. There is a in-depth explanation provided below the article. Although you can get rid of the hijacker manually, we highly recommend using automatic removal method to remove Plusnetwork.com virus. Don't forget that you are dealing with the program which relies on stealthy distribution and unauthorized browser's settings modification.
Moreover, as we have already noted, Plusnetwork.com removal is a must because this search engine seeks to promote affiliate websites which may be unsafe. Deleting it from your computer instantly increases your computer's security level.
To sum up, the Plusnetwork.com redirect issue might start interrupting you out of nowhere. In this case, it means that you failed to monitor installation of the freeware which was involved to the distribution of this hijacker. It is known that it has been spread by CrossBrowser, Messenger Plus! and similar PUPs, so make sure you remove these programs from your PC as well.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Plusnetwork.com redirect, follow these steps:
Uninstall Plusnetwork.com from Windows systems
When trying to fix your computer and remove Plusnetwork.com virus, you need to uninstall each of its components. We highly recommend eliminating Messenger Plus! Community toolbar, CrossBrowse, PlusNetwork and similar entries from Task manager
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Plusnetwork.com and related programs
Here, look for Plusnetwork.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Plusnetwork.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Get rid of Plusnetwork.com from Mac OS X system
To uninstall Plusnetwork.com virus fully, you have to get rid of CrossBrowse, PlusNetwork, Messenger Plus! Community toolbar and similar components that are related to this hijacker. Make sure you uninstall each of them from Mac OS X.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Plusnetwork.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Plusnetwork.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Plusnetwork.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Plusnetwork.com removal.
Erase Plusnetwork.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Plusnetwork.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Plusnetwork.com removal.
Eliminate Plusnetwork.com from Google Chrome
To remove PlusNetwork from Google Chrome, you need to reset this browser or eliminate every add-on which looks unsafe or suspicious. If you can't remember installing one on your computer, you need to remove it.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Plusnetwork.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Plusnetwork.com removal.
Uninstall Plusnetwork.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Plusnetwork.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Plusnetwork.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Plusnetwork.com removal process.