What is Spyware Defender?
Spyware Defender is a fake security software that may try to convince you that it is a powerful anti-spyware. No matter how trustworthy it looks, you should never think that it was designed for helping you in virus removal and PC's protection. It's just a tool used for stealing people's money and initiating dangerous activities on their computers. Unfortunately, if you have already paid $69.95 for Spyware Defender's licensed version, you have been scammed. In this case, you should waste no time and contact your credit card company. It should help you to stop this payment and regain your money. You should also remove Spyware Defender from your computer because it will continue initiating misleading and dangerous activity on it. In most of the cases, this program displays invented system scanners and then reports about hundreds of different viruses. Of course, you should ignore these scan results because they may easily make you to remove legitimate and useful programs from your computer. In addition, Spyware Defender may also start recording your keystrokes and collecting personally identifiable and non-identifiable information, such as logins, passwords, banking data, etc.
How can Spyware Defender infect my computer?
Spyware Defender is promoted with a help of another dangerous program that is known as System Defender. This rogue anti-spyware has been known for ages for its misleading techniques that are typically used for spreading it and making people believe that they need to purchase some licensed version. No matter how trustworthy this antivirus looks, you should avoid it. Methods that are used for spreading it rely on several techniques. You can get infected with System Defender or Spyware Defender via fake alerts that report about missing updates and programs. If you have been reported that you need to update your Flash Player, Java or other program, you should ignore such alert. Those who have been convinced that they really need to update something should go straight to the official website of the program. In addition, spam has also been actively used when spreading such rogues like this one, so you should always be careful with emails that look suspicious. If you want to keep your PC secure, the easiest way to do this is to download a reputable anti-spyware to it. It will help you to prevent infiltration of all viruses and potentially unwanted programs. If Spyware Defender manages to get inside its target PC system, it starts displaying fake system scanners. They are typically set to inform people about invented viruses and make them to believe that they need to purchase Spyware Defender license. Such ads claim:
This app is unable to delete all found threats!
A suitable antivirus software is not installed on your computer.
Please press Search Antivirus button to find and install suitable software to clean your system from threats.
You need to immediately install antivirus software and clean up your computer. Your personal data is at risk!
Please, ignore such and similar notifications because they are misleading! If you think that your PC was affected by System Defender or Spyware Defender, you should follow steps that are given below and remove these threats from the system.
How to remove Spyware Defender virus?
If you are experiencing fake System Defender or Spyware Defender alerts, act now and remove these rogues. For this, we strongly recommend relying on AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoiding manual removal. When relying on this option, you should just download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Spyware Defender, our recommended programs are Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Spyware Defender may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Click on Windows key and go to the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General.
- Click theRestart Now buttonunder Advanced Startup.
- Now selectTroubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
- Now choose Restart and press F5.
- Launch IE or other browser and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download a program on your desktop and launch it to remove malicious files.
3. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.