TechNetSearch – Mac-based adware that can come together with rogue cleaning software
TechNetSearch is known as an adware that appears on Mac computer systems by the PUA.OSX.Adware and similar detection names. According to Apple users, TechNetSearch virus Mac appeared together with applications such as Mac Cleanup Pro.app, Booking.app, and another suspicious component named Player.dmg. However, talking about the adware itself, it might not be dangerous itself but it can pose harm indirectly. We are talking about redirecting activities that often happen through pop-up notifications and take users to malware-laden places. Besides, various ads are the main revenue source for people such as adware developers.
|Additional content||Mac Cleanup Pro.app, Booking.app, Player.dmg|
|Other detection names||PUA.OSX.Adware|
|Activities||Advertising during browser sessions, redirecting to suspicious websites, collecting browsing activity details, modifying browser settings, etc.|
|Distribution||Software bundles, third-party networks|
|Removal process||Reimage Reimage Cleaner software can take care of potentially unwanted content|
The term TechNetSearch virus was attached to this potentially unwanted application due to all of the activities that are being carried out during the active hours of this adware. Be aware that the PUP can perform these types of actions:
- Change the browser's homepage, new tab zone.
- Inject questionable-looking extensions and plug-ins.
- Push misleading advertising content straight on the screen.
- Take the victim to other third-party sites and networks.
- Cause browser freezes and struggles during operations.
TechNetSearch is not an application that can be trusted or kept on the computer system. This adware often appears on the machine not alone but together with other potentially suspicious content. It might promote rogue security software that supposedly scans the computer system and provides fake error messages.
Furthermore, TechNetSearch pop-up ads might also appear to be a way to promote some computer software and trick users into buying them for a “reasonable price”. Nevertheless, with each step on the suspicious advertising content, you bring income to the adware developer's and creator's pockets.
TechNetSearch is an adware-based program that can take over browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
No trust should be put in this adware. What you have to do is to opt for TechNetSearch removal as the best possibility. Using Reimage Reimage Cleaner software will allow you to eliminate the infections faster and in a more effective way. However, if you think that you will be capable of terminating the PUP on your own, go ahead and check out manual instructions at the bottom of this page.
Advertising and redirecting activities are not the only reasons to remove TechNetSearch from your Mac computer system. This potentially unwanted application might also be capable of collecting browsing-related data such as the user's IP address, geolocation, hyperlinks and pages clicked, etc.
In some cases, TechNetSearch might even spy on your email address and types of accounts that you log in to daily. Our suggestion is to be careful with this type of program even though if it is not that dangerous as other malware forms such as ransomware, trojans, cryptocurrency miners, and so on.
TechNetSearch virus is a Mac-based adware that can be detected by the PUA.OSX.Adware name
If TechNetSearch has brought some rogue components to your browsers, and thanks to them, you have been receiving suspicious advertisements during browsing sessions, you can remove them with these guidelines:
- Open your browser and locate the menu in the upper right corner (three dots).
- Opt for the Settings option and find Advanced.
- Under Privacy & Security locate and open Site settings.
- Afterward, go for Notifications.
- Block or remove TechNetSearch extension from the menu.
Software bundling – a deceptive technique used to hide PUPs
Potentially unwanted programs such as adware are usually injected into software bundles and produced as an additional product of the package. This happens when the user uses non-original software downloading sources or missed important downloading/installing steps during the manual process.
Other adware hiding places can be third-party websites which include secondary downloading hyperlinks, misleading advertisements, and similar rogue content. If you are keen on taking precautionary measures for avoiding adware infiltration, you should follow these guidelines:
- Make sure that you always have a well-operating and advanced anti-malware on your computer.
- Choose the Custom configuration mode over Recommended or Quick settings.
- Avoid visiting unknown sources and close any suspicious pages entered immediately.
- If you are performing downloads/installations on your own, make sure that you do not skip any steps.
Removal tips for TechNetSearch adware and browser cleaning steps
If you have discovered potentially unwanted content in web browser applications such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari, you can get rid of it with the help of the below-given helping guide. Furthermore, you will find here some steps that will also guide you through the entire TechNetSearch removal process.
However, if you have concerns about the manual elimination technique, you can always download and install automatical repair software that will instantly remove the PUP and all suspicious content that has been located on your computer system. Use some of our provided software to remove TechNetSearch from your Mac.
According to experts from Virusai.lt, adware such as TechNetSearch virus might leave suspicious content all over the computer system, start running rogue processes, and so on. If you want to get rid of the cyber threat permanently, you will need to erase all questionable entries, files, and other content that the adware has planted.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove TechNetSearch, follow these steps:
Eliminate TechNetSearch from Mac OS X system
Removing TechNetSearch and all additional components that were brought to your Mac machine by the adware program:
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for TechNetSearch or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Erase TechNetSearch from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for TechNetSearch and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete TechNetSearch removal.
Get rid of TechNetSearch from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select TechNetSearch and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete TechNetSearch removal.
Uninstall TechNetSearch from Google Chrome
Get rid of all suspicious content from your Google Chrome browser app. You can do that by following the below-given instructing steps:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select TechNetSearch and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete TechNetSearch removal.
Remove TechNetSearch from Safari
If Safar got hijacked and dubious changes were added to this browser, you should follow these guidelines and reverse all questionable modifications:
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for TechNetSearch or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete TechNetSearch removal process.