XiaoBa 2.0 virus Removal Guide
What is XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware?
XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware is a new variant of the dangerous file-encrypting virus
XIAOBA 2.0 is the new version of XIAOBA Ransomware.
XiaoBa 2.0 is a ransomware which is the newest version of XiaoBa virus. It is designed to use the RSA-4096 cipher to encrypt important data on the system. The files are appended with .XiaoBa extension at the end and cannot be opened. Hackers created HELP_SOS.hta file which provides file recovery guide. Victims must pay 0.5 BTC to receive XiaoBa 2.0 decryption software. For further information, users are urged to contact via email@example.com email address.
|Danger level||High. This is an updated version of XiaoBa ransomware|
|The cost of decryptor||0.5 BTC|
|Decryptable||No. Although, there are alternative ways how to regain access to the encrypted data. Methods are explained at the end of this article|
|Removal||In order to uninstall XiaoBa 2.0 you must get ReimageIntego or another professional security tool|
According to the analysis, XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware might infiltrate the systems via malspam campaigns. Once it settles on the system, the most widely used data is being encrypted. Files are marked with .XiaoBa extension and become unusable. Later, the victims receive XiaoBa 2.0 ransom note which provides the following file recovery guide:
File Recovery Guide
You may have noticed that your file could not be opened and some software is not working properly.
This is not wrong. Your file content still exists, but it is encrypted using “XIAOBA 2.0 Ransomware”.
The contents of your files are not lost and can be restored to their normal state by decryption.
The only way to decrypt a file is to get our ”RSA 4096 decryption key” and decrypt it using the key.
Please enter 0.5 bitcoin into this address: lDveXPhdwz69ttF822keJT2uxl onaDrzyb
Please contact E-Mail after completing the transaction: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send the file that needs to be decrypted to complete the decryption work
Using any other software that claims to recover your files may result in file corruption or destruction.
You can decrypt a file for free to ensure that the software can recover all your files.
It is evident that criminals behind XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware are interested in generating illegal profits. Victims are demanded to pay 0.5 Bitcoin to receive XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware decryption software. Although, security researchers remind that in most cases people are scammed and never receive the decryptor after making the transaction.
Additionally, several reports are stating that virus contrivers, like XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware, demand to make an extra payment after the initial one to receive XiaoBa decryptor. Likewise, people should refrain from agreeing to the terms of attackers.
XIAOBA 2.0 is a file-encrypting virus which uses RSA 4096 algorithm for data encryption.
Luckily, files encrypted by XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware can be recovered with professional tools. They are listed at the end of this article. Although, you must first remove XiaoBa 2.0 from your system. For that, we recommend using trustworthy security programs, like ReimageIntego.
If you are unable to download the antivirus to start XiaoBa 2.0 removal, you should try disabling the virus first. There are detailed guidelines showing how to start XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware elimination and retrieve compromised data right away. Find them at the end of this article.
Spam emails might be more than just annoying
While many people believe that spam emails are merely annoying, they can be dangerous as well. Ransomware developers create legitimate-looking letters which usually contain virus payload as the attachment. Users are tricked to download the attached document as it disguises as invoice or shopping receipt.
Unfortunately, the malicious spam email is designed to infiltrate the system with ransomware by employing social engineering tactics. Therefore, users should pay attention when monitoring their inbox. If you receive a suspicious email, do NOT open it. Instead, Novirus.uk team suggests using a professional security tool to help you identify malware attacks.
Learn how to get rid of XiaoBa 2.0 virus completely
Malicious programs, like XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware, have an uncountable amount of components. You can remove XiaoBa 2.0 entirely only if you uninstall them all. Unfortunately, this procedure might be time-consuming and require advanced IT knowledge.
Although, you can perform complete XiaoBa 2.0 removal with the help of an antivirus. Our top choices are ReimageIntego, and Malwarebytes, as they would get rid of this cyber threat within several minutes. Download one of the recommended tools and run a full system scan.
If can't get XiaoBa 2.0 removal tool, you should check if the virus is not blocking the installation of it. In this case, there are guidelines showing how to disable the virus and proceed to the elimination procedure. Find them at the end of this article.
Getting rid of XiaoBa 2.0 virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
Disabling the virus requires you to boot your system into Safe Mode with Networking.
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove XiaoBa 2.0 using System Restore
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of XiaoBa 2.0. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove XiaoBa 2.0 from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by XiaoBa 2.0, you can use several methods to restore them:
Data Recovery Pro is an effective tool
Experts suggest using this professional tool as it can effectively recover data after system crash as well as after the ransomware attack.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by XiaoBa 2.0 ransomware;
- Restore them.
ShadowExplorer can retrieve files with .XiaoBa extension
If you had eliminated the infection before it started corrupting Shadow Volume Copies, you might be able to use this software.
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
Experts are still working on XiaoBa 2.0 decryptor.
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from XiaoBa 2.0 and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.