Nation Zoom is an ad-supported search engine, which is often called a 'potentially unwanted program' ('PUP') or 'adware'. While technically it's not a virus, it includes various features that can hardly be considered as legitimate. People who have this program on their computers report about annoying Nation Zoom redirect, banner ads and sponsored links in their search results and similar issues. Besides, after testing it on our computers, we noticed that this program can also be used to collect search terms from people's search queries and gather other personal information. Interested why Nation Zoom virus initiates all these activities? The answer is very simple - it seeks to generate web traffic to dubious sites and collect sales. If you see this search engine on your computer, we recommend you to scan your PC with updated anti-spyware. Don't forget to remove Nation Zoom from each of your browsers manually if you want to get rid of this program completely..
HOW CAN NATION ZOOM INFILTRATE COMPUTER?
Nation Zoom can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other search engine. However, there are many people on the web who claim that it infiltrated their machines as virus. In reality, they downloaded this program in a bundle with VPlay or other free application. In order to avoid such unexpected downloads, you must remember that choosing CUSTOM or ADVANCED installation method of the freeware can save you from them. In addition, you should uncheck all check marks that agree to install this and other adware on the system. If this program enters computer, it enters it as a browser plugin. After that, Nation Zoom hijacks the homepage and default search engine, and may initiate plenty of other activities that are used for the only thing - to increase advertising revenue.
HOW TO REMOVE NATION ZOOM?
If you noticed nationzoom.com instead of your start page and search.yahoo.com instead of your default search engine, it's a sign that your PC was affected by Nation Zoom virus. In this case, you should scan your machine with one of these antiviruses: STOPzilla, SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
After that, we recommend following these instructions and changing your browser settings back to normal:
- Remove Nation Zoom from Add/Remove Programs. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Wsys Control, Extended Protection, eSave Security Control, Desk 365, Nation Zoom browser protection and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Fix each of your Internet browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall these extensions: Wsys Control, Extended Protection, eSave Security Control, Desk 365, Nation Zoom browser protection.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find these extensions and click ‘Uninstall’: Wsys Control, Extended Protection, eSave Security Control, Desk 365, Nation Zoom browser protection.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Wsys Control, Extended Protection, eSave Security Control, Desk 365, Nation Zoom browser protection and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Right-click the desktop shortcut, select 'Properties' and find Nation Zoom in the 'Target box'. Select 'Apply' and then click OK to save changes.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
- Click the Safari > Preferences > Extensions.Find Wsys Control, Extended Protection, eSave Security Control, Desk 365, Nation Zoom browser protection and similar entries
- Click 'Uninstall'.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use