What is Nation Zoom?
Nation Zoom is an ad-supported search engine, which is often called a 'potentially unwanted program' ('PUP') or an 'adware'. While technically it's not a virus, it includes various features that can hardly be called legitimate. People who have this program on their computers report about annoying Nation Zoom redirect, banner ads and sponsored links in their search results and similar issues. Besides, after testing it on our computers, we noticed that this program can also be used to collect search terms from people's search queries and gather other personal information. Interested why Nation Zoom virus initiates all these activities? The answer is very simple - it seeks to generate web traffic to dubious sites and collect sales. If you see this search engine on your computer, we recommend you to scan your PC with updated anti-spyware. For that you can easily use Reimage, which has been showing great results when dealing with this hijacker. You may also need to remove Nation Zoom from each of your browsers manually if you want to get rid of this program completely..
UPDATE: Nation Zoom virus was updated in the beginning of 2015. At the moment of writing, it is now capable of tracking people's activity on the Internet. No matter that its developers have been continuously saying that they don't collect personally identifiable information, this program can easily know what your email address or PC's location is. Besides, it is unknown where this information is used for and what third parties are capable of reaching it. For protecting yourself, you should avoid this questionable search engine. Please, opt for Automatic removal in order to avoid continuous reappearance of this program.
HOW CAN NATION ZOOM INFILTRATE COMPUTER?
Nation Zoom can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other search engine. However, there are many people on the web who claim that it infiltrated their machines as a virus. In reality, it is not the entire truth. If you have just discovered this search engine (it can be applied to other search sites, such as Websearch.greatresults.info, Conduit, www-searching.com, websearch.fixsearch.info, genieo.com, etc. as well) on each of your web browsers, it might be that you have recently downloaded VPlay or other free application that was involved to its distribution. In order to avoid such unexpected downloads, you must remember that choosing CUSTOM or ADVANCED installation method of the freeware can save you from them. In addition, you should uncheck all check marks that agree to install this and other adware on the system. If this program enters computer, it enters it as a browser plugin. After that, Nation Zoom hijacks the homepage and default search engine, and may initiate plenty of other activities that are used for the only thing - to increase advertising revenue.
HOW TO REMOVE NATION ZOOM?
If you noticed nationzoom.com instead of your start page and search.yahoo.com instead of your default search engine, it's a sign that your PC was affected by Nation Zoom virus. In this case, you should follow these removal steps:
You can remove Nation Zoom automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Nation Zoom from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Nation Zoom from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Nation Zoom from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Nation Zoom from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Nation Zoom from Safari
Remove Nation Zoom from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Nation Zoom from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Nation Zoom or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Nation Zoom from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Nation Zoom or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Nation Zoom from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Nation Zoom and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Nation Zoom removal.
Remove Nation Zoom from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Nation Zoom and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Nation Zoom removal.
Remove Nation Zoom from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Nation Zoom and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Nation Zoom removal.
Remove Nation Zoom from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Nation Zoom or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Nation Zoom, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Nation Zoom removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Nation Zoom
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Nation Zoom
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.