PRISM virus is a serious ransomware, which has nothing to do with Department of Justice, National Security Agency or other governmental authority. Some experts have reported about this virus using other names - NSA Internet Surveilance Program virus or Computer Crime Prosecution Section virus. However, no matter how you name this threat, it is used for the same aim as FBI virus or other ransomware virus - swindle the money from PC users. As soon as PRISM virus attacks the system, it locks it down and leaves its victim without an Internet connection. This helps for this virus prevent its removal or postpone it at least. As soon as computer becomes locked, ransomware changes the desktop with its fake alert, which says Your Computer has been locked! and lists various crimes that were supposedly violated. Please, never believe this warning if you don't want to lose your money! You must remove PRISM virus before it's not too late.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH PRISM virus?
PRISM virus is actually a Trojan horse, which can easily get inside the system in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In addition, some users have reported about the infiltration of this virus after visiting illegal websites or opening misleading email that looked like an important message from eBay, Fedex or other company. Please, be very careful when opening such emails! As soon as PRISM virus gets inside its target computer, it locks it down and shows such alert:
NSA Internet Surveillance Program
Computer Crime Prosecution Section
Your Computer has been locked!
Your computer has been locked due to suspicions of illegal content downloading and distribution.
The downloaded content (photo and video files) was automatically classified as child pornograpjic materials.
Your case can be classified as occasional/unmotivated, according to 17 (U.S Code)
Thus it may be closed without prosecution.Your computer will be unblocked automatically.In order to resolve the situation in an above-mentioned way you should pay a fine of $300 (MoneyPak)
Please, stay away from tis totally misleading alert because it has nothign to do with the government of USA. You must remove PRISM virus ASAP.
HOW TO REMOVE PRISM virus?
When trying to remove PRISM virus, you have to unlock your computer first. In order to get an ability to scan your compromised computer with a decent anti-malware, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with PRISM virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with PRISM virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual PRISM virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable FBI Paypal virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining virus files.
PRISM virus manual removal
Geolocation of PRISM virus
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on PRISM virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.