What is We-care.com?
We-care.com is a web site, which offers responsible shopping and money-saving opportunities. However, it seems that you should be careful with it, no matter how harmless and even inspiring it looks. No matter that it looks like a trustworthy site, many users on the Internet have already informed us about We-care Reminder program that showed up on their computers out of nowhere. According to its victims, this program has not even hijacked their computers. It has also started to interrupt their browsing sessions on each of their web browsers. It does that by displaying various popups, causing redirects, slowdowns and by initiating other annoying things. Besides, almost each of users who got hit by We-care.com claim that they can hardly uninstall We care Reminder from their computers. The secret behind this activity is really simple – this site receives donations when its supporters shop online, so it is interested in pushing people into using its questionable services. Besides, we-care.com not only distributes its software via this totally unfair distribution method, which is usually known as bundling. This site has also been noticed for tracking its PC users without a clear permission asked. Of course, this is done for company's benefits that can be either harmless or harmful. If you are one of those people who have already found We-care.com Reminder on their computers, you should scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware. The same can be said for those who have noticed we-care.com redirects, slow downs and similar issues on each of their web browsers In this case, you should check you PC with SpyHunter and fix your computer.
How can We-care.com hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned, We-care.com and its reminder are promoted via unfair distribution method. No matter that it is not considered malicious, we think that it shouldn't be allowed because it helps for various suspicious applications infiltrate computers without people's permission asked. Such programs as We Care adware are usually downloaded to the system in a bundle with freeware and shareware, so you should start monitoring installation of these applications. For that, you should always select Custom or Advanced installation option when downloading freeware to the system. Also, you should follow every installation step and uncheck all suspicious check boxes. If any of them claims that you want to download this or other browser add-on, plugin, toolbar or extension, you should uncheck it. Of course, you can download this program to the system in the same way as any other reputable software, but we don't recommend doing that. If We Care virus gets inside it, you may start suffering from annoying pop-up notifications and similar issues. If they have already been bothering you, you should remove We-care.com Reminder from your computer. beware that you may fail to find it in Add/Remove Programs list because it tries to postpone its removal. In order to overcome that, follow the guide given below:
How to remove We-Care virus?
If you noticed that we-care.com reminder is hiding in your computer, you can remove it with a help of these steps:
You can remove We-care.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual We-care.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall We-care.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove We-care.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove We-care.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for We-care.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove We-care.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for We-care.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall We-care.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove We-care.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for We-care.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete We-care.com removal.
Remove We-care.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select We-care.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete We-care.com removal.
Remove We-care.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select We-care.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete We-care.com removal.
Remove We-care.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for We-care.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete We-care.com removal process.
Step 3: Complete We-care.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of We-care.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of We-care.com
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.