Ardamax Keylogger (Free Instructions) - Dec 2018 update
Ardamax Keylogger Removal Guide
What is Ardamax Keylogger?
Ardamax Keylogger – a tool used for capturing any kind of information you type on your keyboard
Ardamax Keylogger virus is a spyware-based program that collects keyboard strokes.
Ardamax Keylogger virus is a program that causes malevolent activity because it is designed to record users' keystrokes using legitimate Ardamax software. Though it has been created for professional processes, cyber villains took a liking of the program. Even if you download the program from its official site, detecting the tool might be troublesome. Since it has a Hidden Mode, crooks make use of this functionality to disguise the activities of the program and record your keystrokes. The latest version costs more than 60€ and allows the admin to see every keystroke on the targeted system, capture chats, use visual surveillance, or even use the microphone to record audio. However, the program manages to hide and silently monitor the victim’s computer activity without being detected.
|Variants detected by AV||
|Symptoms||Monitors various activity, captures keyboard inputs|
|Main danger||Collects various account credentials which can be used in later scams|
|Elimination||Use RestoroIntego for a full system cleaning|
Once installed, it adds an IJE.exe file to %APPDATA% folder, also akv.exe and QXI.exe files to %PROGRAMFILES% directory. In addition, you may notice two Winlogon.exe processes. Though ending the task of the legitimate command may lead to severe system issues, it is not recommended to cancel the task as determining which command is genuine might be confusing.
This is a spying and tracking program promoted as a useful tool that claims to offer affordable services. This tool is allegedly compact and powerful, a flexible keylogger that operates in the background. Instead, it runs on your computer and uses resources of the device while recording keystrokes and collecting them on a remote server.
Ardamax Keylogger malware can record:
- instant messages;
- anything you type in using your keyboard;
- websites you visit;
- email addresses;
- passwords and logins.
If you cannot detect the program, but suspect the unwanted presence or your email account passwords have been changed, you can use anti-virus or anti-rootkit tools to detect the software. For instance, Kaspersky anti-virus tool may help you identify you it, while certain anti-rootkit tools created by Malwarebytes company assists in getting rid of the malware. You may also find RestoroIntego useful in performing Ardamax Keylogger malware removal. Luckily, Ardamax Keylogger can be found with the assistance of several tools and methods.
Once someone installs this program on your computer, most likely you will not be able to see it in Windows Task Manager or Programs menu because the program manages to disappear from these locations. This program violates your privacy and sends comprehensive logs to the person that monitors it. This tool might be used against you by your mistrustful second half, employer, or parents.
What is worse, it is almost impossible to understand that a computer is being monitored by such programs because it shows no signs of existence. The only signs that can reveal someone’s bad intentions are their know-too-much talks or noticeable system slowdowns.
If you suspect that someone has installed this keylogger on your system, remove Ardamax Keylogger with an anti-malware tool like RestoroIntego or Malwarebytes. To remove it, start your PC in a Safe Mode with Networking first. If you do not know how to reboot your PC in this mode, follow Ardamax removal instructions provided below. Ardamax Keylogger is a malware that can be more dangerous because data collected often get used to steal money or in other scams.
Spyware infiltration can be avoided
Keyloggers are not viruses, and they do not self-replicate without users' consent, in most cases. This tool is a paid program that can be downloaded from its official website. To reach your computer system, it needs to be installed manually. So if you discovered this tracking software on your system, you should think about people who have access to your computer.
One of them probably was trying to find answers to questions they didn’t want to ask you directly. You should definitely talk to such people, but first of all, delete this keylogger from the system to terminate its activity. However, you can use an anti-malware program and scan your device more frequently to avoid cyber infiltrations and even malware like this keylogger.
Unfortunately, there is an opportunity that malware like this is distributed online via malicious documents as spam email attachments. Microsoft Office documents often get infected with malicious macros. The minute user downloads and opens this file on the device, malicious payload is installed on the system.
Eliminate Ardamax Keylogger using our tips
Although the attacker can set the key combination that launches the keylogger, we suggest you try this combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+H. The official developer also promotes its specific tool to remove Ardamax keylogger. You might try it as well. This way, you might successfully open the program and find out where it sends the collected information.
You should find an email address that receives log files filled with data about you and your activities online. However, if you cannot launch the program this way but you still believe that the system is infected with this keylogger, you should read Ardamax removal instructions provided below the article and prepare the machine for the elimination of this shady program. All users, not only US or PRC residents, should be wary of keyloggers.
To remove Ardamax virus, we suggest using anti-malware tools because it is hard to find such program that is programmed to stay hidden and spy on the user as long as possible.
Getting rid of Ardamax Keylogger. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
Please read the following instructions carefully. You will need to start your anti-malware software when the computer is running in a Safe Mode with Networking; if you do not have an anti-malware software, boot the computer as instructed below and then download one of the malware removers that we recommend.
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove Ardamax Keylogger using System Restore
Try System Restore feature for Ardamax elimination too. Follow these steps and restore device to a previous state:
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of Ardamax Keylogger. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from Ardamax Keylogger and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting keyloggers
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.
- ^ Violet Blue. Keyloggers: Beware this hidden threat. PCWorld. News, tips, and reviews from the experts on PCs, Windows, and more.
- ^ Tara Seals. Threatlist. Microsoft macros remain top vector for malware delivery. Threatpost. The first stop for security news.
- ^ Hidden Mode. |Ardamax Software. Official site.
- ^ Eliminate computer threats. Wubingdu. IT News and malware elimination tools .