Australian Federal Police Ukash virus is a ransomware infection, which is a clear sign how hackers are becoming more and more inventive. Now they are actively spreading this trustworthy-looking parasite, which locks computer down and displays a huge alert pretending to be from Australian Federal Police. In reality this is a deceitful pop-up message that wants to mislead you into spending your money on the invented fine. Although this intruder states that you have been watching or listening copyrighted videos and music, this is nothing but a trick used to rip people off. Be aware that this or any other trojan-based intruder from Ukash group of viruses is capable to hack the system completely and disable user from using Internet connection or any legitimate program, which is installed on it. Please ignore Australian Federal Police Ukash virus and remove it from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Australian Federal Police Ukash virus?
This ransomware is spread by trojans that can be avoided by ignoring spam emails and their attachments or misleading domains filled with commercial ads and pornographic content. As it is almost obvious, it attacks people living in Australia and asks them to use Ukash prepayment system. As soon as Australian Federal Police Ukash virus gets inside the system, it displays its alert saying that you have to pay $100 to unlock your PC. Before that is states that you have been doing illegal activities on your computer. Instead of believing this deceitful warning, remove Australian Federal Police Ukash virus without hesitation! Besides, it’s highly recommended NOT to pay the fine, because it won’t help you to unlock your computer but will only lead you to money the loss and more viruses on your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Australian Federal Police Ukash virus?
To get rid of this sneaky infection, firstly you must unlock your PC. For that we have rated special steps. Note that you will have to download automated anti-malware program because it’s almost impossible to find infected files of this or any other Ukash virus manually:
1. Take another machine and use it to download reputable anti-malware program. We recommend choosing ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Australian Federal Police Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
UPDATE: Here are other ways how you can unblock your computer:
* Try to change your computer’s time to the previous date and then run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Users infected with Ukash group of viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select ‘Deny’: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Australian Federal Police Ukash virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to ‘Safe mode with command prompt’ to disable virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, ReimageIntego to remove remaining files.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.