Australian Federal Police Ukash virus is a ransomware infection, which is a clear sign how hackers are becoming more and more inventive. Now they are actively spreading this trustworthy-looking parasite, which locks computer down and displays a huge alert pretending to be from Australian Federal Police. In reality this is a deceitful pop-up message that wants to mislead you into spending your money on the invented fine. Although this intruder states that you have been watching or listening copyrighted videos and music, this is nothing but a trick used to rip people off. Be aware that this or any other trojan-based intruder from Ukash group of viruses is capable to hack the system completely and disable user from using Internet connection or any legitimate program, which is installed on it. Please ignore Australian Federal Police Ukash virus and remove it from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Australian Federal Police Ukash virus?
This ransomware is spread by trojans that can be avoided by ignoring spam emails and their attachments or misleading domains filled with commercial ads and pornographic content. As it is almost obvious, it attacks people living in Australia and asks them to use Ukash prepayment system. As soon as Australian Federal Police Ukash virus gets inside the system, it displays its alert saying that you have to pay $100 to unlock your PC. Before that is states that you have been doing illegal activities on your computer. Instead of believing this deceitful warning, remove Australian Federal Police Ukash virus without hesitation! Besides, it’s highly recommended NOT to pay the fine, because it won’t help you to unlock your computer but will only lead you to money the loss and more viruses on your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Australian Federal Police Ukash virus?
To get rid of this sneaky infection, firstly you must unlock your PC. For that we have rated special steps. Note that you will have to download automated anti-malware program because it’s almost impossible to find infected files of this or any other Ukash virus manually:
1. Take another machine and use it to download reputable anti-malware program. We recommend choosing Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Australian Federal Police Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
UPDATE: Here are other ways how you can unblock your computer:
* Try to change your computer’s time to the previous date and then run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Users infected with Ukash group of viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select ‘Deny’: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Australian Federal Police Ukash virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to ‘Safe mode with command prompt’ to disable virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego to remove remaining files.
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.