Axisearch.com is a misleading search engine, which is closely related to FbDownloader program and search.fbdownloader.com. This search site can appear on your computer out of nowhere, after installing other applications on it. The main thing, which must be realized when talking about axisearch.com, is that this program should never be called 'virus' or 'malware'. However, we don't recommend using it for web searching if you want to receive genuine search results. According to experts, axisearch.com mostly returns altered search results that may force you to visit unknown or insecure websites. Besides, you may start receiving continuous pop-up notifications and notice system slow downs when axisearch.com is inside your computer. In order to avoid them, you should rely on more reputable search engines, like Google and Yahoo.
HOW CAN Axisearch.com INFILTRATE COMPUTER?
Axisearch.com belongs to the category of 'potentially unwanted programs' that are mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. If you want to prevent infiltration of such programs, try to pay more attention to their installation process and eliminate all checkmarks that agree to download additional programs, suggest changing home page and default search engine. If you missed this check mark, soon you may notice that axisearch.com replaced your start page and default search engine. Fix these settings if you want to get rid of this search engine. You can remove Axisearch.com by following this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Axisearch.com?
In order to remove axisearch.com, follow the guide which is given below. Besides, run a full system scan with anti-spyware. Try using Malwarebytes or Reimage that have been effectively working with similar parasites and infections.
When trying to get rid of axisearch.com redirects, firstly you have to eliminate FbDownloader via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for axisearch and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove axisearch.com from each of your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for axisearch.com and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find axisearch.com and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for axisearch.com and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.