Boredactress.com ads (fake) - Free Instructions
Boredactress.com ads Removal Guide
What is Boredactress.com ads?
Boredactress.com is a bogus website created by crooks to generate revenue
Push notification spam can lead users to dangerous pages
Boredactress.com is a deceptive site designed to trick people into subscribing to push notifications or clicking on a sneaky redirect. Crooks generate revenue through pay-per-click advertising. When users stumble upon this website, it shows a media player, and in front of it, two messages:
Click “Allow” to close this window
This window can be closed by pressing “Allow”. If you wish to continue browsing this website just click the more info button
With this prompt crooks are trying to get people to subscribe to push notifications. If they do click on the “Allow” button, they will start getting spammed with annoying pop-up ads that may appear even when the browser is closed. Another message reads as follows:
Your Video Is Ready
Press Play to start the video
It is possible that if users click on the “PLAY” button, they will get redirected to another website. Crooks may use rogue advertising networks that display ads leading to dangerous websites. If people click on links embedded in the ads, they may end up on pages that try to lure out personal information, trick them into downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), and even malware.
|TYPE||Push notification spam; adware|
|SYMPTOMS||Pop-up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen after the “Allow” button is pressed|
|DISTRIBUTION||Shady websites, deceptive ads, redirects, freeware installations|
|DANGERS||Links embedded in the push notifications can lead to dangerous websites where users can be tricked into providing their personal information and suffer from monetary losses|
|ELIMINATION||Users can block push notifications via browser settings|
|FURTHER STEPS||It is recommended to use a repair tool like RestoroIntego after the removal to fix any remaining damage|
Pages, like Boredactress.com, are usually hidden on other shady sites behind deceptive ads and sneaky redirects. We recommend avoiding pages that engage in illegal activities because they are unregulated. Do not click on random links and ads even if they seem to be promoting legitimate products and services. Crooks can use social engineering techniques to disguise their scams in fake” Download” or “Play” buttons.
Block Boredactress.com notifications
Because push notifications are subscription-based, they can be turned on and off only manually. We have a detailed guide for the most popular browsers below:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
Clear your browsers
However, fraudsters can use them to make a profit by selling them to advertising networks or other third parties. That is why we recommend using a maintenance tool like RestoroIntego. It can clear cookies and cache automatically. It can also fix various system errors, corrupted files, and registry issues.
If you want to protect your privacy, clear cookies regularly
Scan your system for adware
Sometimes pages like Boredactress.com show up without any user input at all. This can be caused by adware which is a program that can generate commercial content in the machine without the users' knowledge. Many PUAs are disguised as “handy” tools so they would be more difficult to identify for average users.
That is why having professional security tools like SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes is essential. Anti-malware solutions can scan the machine and detect suspicious processes running in the background. Besides, it can prevent such infections by warning users about dangerous files trying to enter the system. However, if you still want to do this yourself, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for Windows and Mac machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. PUPs Explained: What is a “Potentially Unwanted Program”?. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Cynthia Gonzalez. Top 8 Social Engineering Techniques and How to Prevent Them . Exabeam. Information Security.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is Freeware?. Lifewire. Internet, Networking and Security.