BtcKING virus Removal Guide
What is BtcKING ransomware?
BtcKING ransomware — the virus which is using file encryption for blackmailing purposes
BtcKING ransomware is a file-encrypting virus which uses .BtcKING file extension.
BtcKING is a ransomware which is designed for money extortion. In other terms, this virus uses complex cryptography to encode data on the targeted computer and appends ID .BtcKING file extension. At this point, the encrypted files become unreadable, and victims receive How To Decode Files.txt file as a ransom note. The price for the decryption tool is not indicated. Although, IT experts do not recommend you to trust them under any circumstances.
|Ransom note||How To Decode Files.txt|
|Price of the decryptor||Depends on the files|
|Distribution||Spreads via infected email attachments and disguised as legitimate software on P2P sites|
|Removal||The only way to uninstall BtcKING safely is with a powerful malware removal program. We recommend using ReimageIntego|
Usually, ransomware-type infections can get into victims computer if they are not cautious enough and open malicious email attachments or unconsciously download the malware from peer-to-peer (P2P) networks. Even though the criminals explicitly state that the user should trust no one but BM-2cTAPjtTkqiW2twtykGm5mtocFAz7g5FZc@bitmessage.ch contact, we strongly advise you to refrain from contacting the attackers behind BtcKING virus.
The ransom note left by BtcKING ransomware:
<<—————————————ALL DATA ON THIS PC HAS BEEN ENCRYPTED.————————————————->
To recover data you need decryptor.
To get the decryptor you should:
Send 1 test image or text file to BM-2cTAPjtTkqiW2twtykGm5mtocFAz7g5FZc@bitmessage.ch.
In the letter include your personal ID (look at the beginning of this document).
Attach the file with the location c:\Windows\YOUR KEY.KEY
We will give you the decrypted file and say price for decryption all files
After we send you instruction how to pay for decrypt and after payment you will receive a decryptor and instructions We can decrypt one file in quality the evidence that we have the decoder.
Later, the criminals indicate that if the victim wants to receive BtcKING decryptor, she/he should not try to get rid of damage the program in any way. Unfortunately, hackers are not the people you should trust as they have encrypted files on your PC to generate illegal profits in the first place.
BtcKING is a dangerous cyber threat which usesd data encryption for blackmail purposes.
In fact, if your computer is infected with a ransomware, you should remove BtcKING or another cyber threat of this type immediately. Keep in mind that manual elimination is not possible for novice computer users. Likewise, either get help from an IT specialist or install a professional antivirus.
BtcKING removal is a procedure which requires attention, patience and IT knowledge. Thus, the only way how you can terminate this malicious program by yourself is to get ReimageIntego or another reliable anti-malware software. Once you eliminate the virus, you will be able to try alternative data recovery methods which are presented at the end of this article.
Social engineering: criminals developed deceptive techniques for the distribution of ransomware
Nowadays criminals are advanced in social engineering tactics — they have developed fraudulent and innocent-looking email letters to trick people into installing file-encrypting viruses. Usually, they come as invoices or shopping receipts with an attachment. Unfortunately, once it is opened, the PC is infected with ransomware.
Additionally, some cybercriminals place malicious software on peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing sites and disguise them as legitimate programs, as Adobe Flash Player or PDF converters. Thus, all computer users should be extremely cautious online and follow these steps to protect their systems from ransomware:
- Use and update a reputable antivirus at all times;
- Do not open messages or emails from unknown people or companies you never had business with;
- Refrain from clicking on ads which might come as pop-ups, banners, or in-texts;
- Download software only from official websites or authorized distributors;
Learn how to get rid of BtcKING virus safely
As it was already mentioned, ransomware-type cyber threats are sophisticated and highly developed. Thus, people without specific IT knowledge cannot clean their systems without any help. If you want to remove BtcKING quickly and safely, you should rely on the automatic elimination method only.
Install ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and run an entire system scan. These antivirus programs are recommended not only by our IT specialists but by the team at NoVirus.uk as well. Thus, they will take care of BtcKING removal and ensure that your PC is safe afterward.
Once you get rid of BtcKING virus, you can try to recover your files from backup copies stored in the cloud. In case you do not have them, we have prepared alternative ways how you can get back the access to the compromised data. All of them are listed just below.
Getting rid of BtcKING virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
First BtcKING removal step — deactivate the ransomware by booting your PC into Safe Mode with Networking.
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove BtcKING using System Restore
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of BtcKING. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove BtcKING from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by BtcKING, you can use several methods to restore them:
Data Recovery Pro — the professional tool which might be useful in data recovery
This application was primarily designed to help people who have accidentally deleted important files or lost them during the system crash. Although, IT experts recommend this application after ransomware infection as well.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by BtcKING ransomware;
- Restore them.
ShadowExplorer — retrieve files with .BtcKING extension
Usually, file-encrypting viruses aim to get rid of Shadow Volume Copies in order to prevent victims from recovering their files. However, if they are still in place, there are strong chances that you can retrieve them with the help of this tool.
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
Unfortunately, experts are still working on BtcKING decryption software.
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from BtcKING and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.