What is DictionaryBoss Toolbar?
DictionaryBoss Toolbar is a program, which can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other Internet browsers. It may seem to be a useful program for you because it offers translation services and is filled with shortcuts to Urban Dictionary, Spell Check and similar sites. However, many users call DictionaryBoss a virus and we can’t blame them much. Mainly, that’s because of its tricky installation method, which remains unnoticed by most of PC users.
In addition, this program can alter the start page, default search engine and new tab page for making you use affiliate websites during your search sessions and track your browsing habits. If you want to avoid that, you should remove DictionaryBoss Toolbar from your computer.
How can DictionaryBoss Toolbar get inside my computer?
DictionaryBoss can be downloaded manually or in a bundle with other applications. If you need it, you can find this program on its official website or other sites that are involved to its distribution. However, it may also show up on your computer after downloading such freeware as PDF Creators, video creators and similar. If you found DictionaryBoss on your computer out of nowhere, it may look like it infiltrated your machine as a virus.
In reality, you just missed to check mark, which was notifying about this additional download. That’s why you should be very careful when downloading such or similar programs on your computer. Remember, this program is NOT a virus, but it may cause you several problems, such as the loss of your personal information, annoying browser’s redirections and other unwanted activities.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of DictionaryBoss Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
When trying to remove DictionaryBoss, you should use these special instructions:
- Uninstall programs that are related to DictionaryBoss Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for DictionaryBoss Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (DictionaryBoss Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.