Erceandblo.xyz ads Removal Guide
What is Erceandblo.xyz ads?
Erceandblo.xyz says it will send you the latest news
Erceandblo.xyz does not provide any benefits because it is not a real news website
Erceandblo.xyz is a fake website using social engineering tactics to fool users into thinking they will receive the latest news from it. The truth is, after giving the site permission to send push notifications it starts showing ads on users' screens instead. The pop-ups come from random sources that are not always trustworthy. The only purpose of this domain is to make the owners passive income from clicks on ads.
Users that have let this site send them push notifications are more likely to suffer from monetary losses or infect their machine with a virus. If users get redirected to this or similar pages often, this might be a symptom of an adware infection.
The authors of the site do not care about user privacy and security so they do not filter advertisers and do not blacklist them. As a result, users start receiving pop-up ads sometimes even when their browser is closed that have links embedded in them possibly leading to websites created by scammers.
People rarely come to websites like this one by themselves, (like finding the page in their search results). Usually, they have to be surfing through some pretty shady pages in the first place to get redirected to this one. That is why it is important to know some precautionary steps that we will discuss in this arcticle.
|Push notification spam; adware
|Pop-up ads, banners appear on the screen even when the browser is closed
|Shady websites; deceptive ads; bundled software
|Deceptive advertisements can lead to dangerous websites where users are at risk of giving away their personal information or downloading malicious software
|Remove website permissions via browser settings
|Use FortectIntego repair tool and fix any damage left after removal
Social engineering methods are popular among fraudsters
Erceandblo.xyz is targeting a particular group of people. As we said before, the site displays fake messages to get users to click the “Allow” button. In this case the site says:
Get The Latest Sports Updates From Around The World.
The page then urges to allow push notifications so you could access the site. But after granting permission, nothing happens, because there is no other content on this website. The only thing it will do is start sending pop-up ads that sometimes can appear even when the browser is closed.
Various phishing schemes and scams can pop up between legitimate promotions so it can be hard to distinguish real from fake. We do not recommend keeping permissions for this website turned on as it does not have any value whatsoever. All it does is expose you to promotional content which you have to get rid of all the time.
Erceandblo.xyz uses deception to exploit the internet users
If you infected your machine with pop-up ads from this page that means you were most likely visiting questionable sites already or installing freeware from unofficial sources. There can be a lot of shady websites that track your browsing activity because of this reason.
Remove pop-ups from Erceandblo.xyz
Because push notifications are based on a subscription model, the users have to subscribe to them manually, so to get rid of them, you will have to go to your browser settings and block permissions yourself as well:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right on the window.
- Select Internet options and go to Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
Freeware installations can lead to adware infection
If you notice increased commercial content like banners and pop-ups while browsing the internet, there might be a PUP installed in your system that is operating in the background without your knowledge. This often happens because of software bundling – a common method used to spread PUAs and malware.
Free software distributors still have to make money, so they do it in other ways, by including additional programs in the installer. Most people find the installation process boring so they rush through it and do not pay attention. That is a big mistake because sites that provide free software do this very often and do not tell you about it.
So what you have to do is make sure that does not happen yourself. Of course, the best solution would be to use official stores to get your software from, but we know that can be quite expensive sometimes. So you have to choose “Custom” or “Advanced” installation method so nothing would be hidden from you.
If this is the case for you, then the manual removal method can be complicated because it is not clear what the PUP is called and what it looks like. For this, we always suggest using anti-malware tools SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes that can scan your system and detect these applications automatically. You will not have to worry about a thing and just let the professional security software take care of the complete elimination.
However, if you still prefer trying to accomplish this yourself, we have step-by-step instructions for Windows and Mac operating systems below. Be sure not to uninstall the wrong app.
You may remove virus damage with a help of FortectIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Erceandblo.xyz ads. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete from macOS
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Erceandblo.xyz registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: FortectIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.