HappyDayzz virus Removal Guide
What is HappyDayzz ransomware virus?
HappyDayzz ransomware and its working principles
HappyDayzz virus is a new Globe 3 ransomware spin-off  which encrypts computer data using a Public key and pushes the victim into buying out the Private key to be able to decrypt them . Those of you who follow cyber security news closely may already be familiar with this virus as Happydayz@india.com ransomware. This email address is the ransomware victims’ only chance of contacting the extortionists and redeeming encrypted files. Of course, collaboration with the criminal parties is extremely risky, but sometimes, the victims have no other choice but to pay. This is especially common in cases when ransomware targets major companies or organizations and puts them at the risk of losing the voluminous amount of information and client data . Nevertheless, self-respecting organizations and companies typically have backups of their data stored somewhere safe and can easily restore this information from the archives in times of need. Unfortunately, keeping data backups  is not a common practice among home users. When ransomware infects their devices, it usually causes a lot of panic and stress, and eventually, the victims succumb to the extortionists’ demands. If you are infected with this virus, we must warn you not to fall for the promises of quick data decryption and keep your wallet shut. Remove HappyDayzz from your computer before the hackers mess it up even more! Use software like ReimageIntego to eliminate the virus and protect your device from similar threats in the future.
Happydayzz ransomware virus bares close resemblance to Globe ransomware thus is attributed to the category of Globe virus spin-offs. Its ransom note is similar to the one used by Globe as you can see in the picture above.
HappyDayzz may take bits and bobs from other ransomware. Nonetheless, it is unique enough to be regarded as an individual cyber threat. One of the most salient characteristics of this virus is how it affects encrypted files. Apart from rendering them inaccessible, the virus also changes their filenames, adds contact email and pins an extension .happydayzz at the end. This feature may cause major inconveniences because even in a case of successful decryption, the filenames will maintain their jumbled up form and the victim will have to employ manual labor to rename them. Another feature that is typically considered as a defining feature of ransomware is its ransom note. HappyDayzz employs the ransom note format taken from Globe virus. The hackers do not even bother to change its title and leave the original How To Recover Encrypted Files.hta used by Globe. Nevertheless, the note serves its purpose and explains what exactly has happened to the computer and how to fix it. Typically, the victims are demanded to pay a sum of money that corresponds to the volume and importance of the encrypted data. If you have no valuable files on your device, it is best that you carried out HappyDayzz removal and cleaned up your device to be able to use it again. In case you do have some files on your device that you need to recover, feel free to use alternative data recovery recommendations below the article.
How did your computer get infected with this ransomware?
Like most members of Globe virus family, HappyDayzz virus is deployed and executed on the victim’s computers with the help of malicious spam attachments . The malware distributors often think of creative ways to make the users download such attachments without suspecting they are actually allowing a ransomware virus on their devices. The hackers typically work under the names of popular banks, government institutions, companies or social media networks just to get more people get involved in their scam. Please keep in mind that though hackers use Happydayz@india.com and email@example.com email addresses to contact their victims, they won’t use the same addresses when spreading spam mail around. So, you must be very careful and vigilant when navigating through your email and downloading attachments.
Workaround the encryption and remove Happydayz@india.com from your computer
It goes without saying that ransomware infection can be a stressful experience, but it is absolutely crucial to keep your cool and focus on Happydayz@india.com removal. While the virus is on your system, you are always one step away from losing more data or having your sensitive information stolen by the criminals. Thus, the quicker you remove Happydayz@india.com virus from the infected device, the quicker you will be able to relax and get back to using your computer as you used to.
Getting rid of HappyDayzz virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
HappyDayzz ransomware virus removal cannot be achieved manually, nevertheless, you can help your antivirus to run a system scan and remove the virus from your computer, in case the ransomware is blocking it. You will find virus deactivation instructions below. Please remember to scan your computer with antivirus after you complete these steps.
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove HappyDayzz using System Restore
HappyDayzz removal is fairly easy and antivirus software achieves it in minutes. Nevertheless, the virus may block your antivirus from running the system scan and eliminating its malicious files. In such a case, follow the guidelines below and reinitiate the system scan.
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of HappyDayzz. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove HappyDayzz from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by HappyDayzz, you can use several methods to restore them:
Recover your files automatically with Data Recovery Pro
The steps pointed out below explain how to use Data Recovery Pro and recover encrypted files.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by HappyDayzz ransomware;
- Restore them.
Find safe versions of your encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions feature
If you have been taking care of your system’s security before HappyDayzz hijack and have enabled System Restore function, you will also find the Windows Previous Versions feature helpful in recovering your data. This feature can be applied by following these steps.
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
Do not stay encrypted by HappyDayzz! Recover files with ShadowExplorer
So far, the experts can’t confidently say whether HappyDayzz leaves Volume Shadow Copies of the encrypted files untouched or deletes them. But you may find that out by running ShadowExplorer. If the backup files of the encrypted documents are in tact, you should be able to recover and re-access them.
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from HappyDayzz and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.