What is HiDef Media Player?
HiDef Media Player is the application that can easily destroy your PC's performance. No matter that it can't pose harm to your computer, it can easily display misleading pop-up ads during your browsing. In addition, sometimes it is set to alter the start page or default search engine, redirect people to unfamiliar websites and initiate other questionable activities on their computers. So, no matter that this application looks like a reliable software that can be used for media streaming and viewing, you should look for another one that belongs to a reliable developer. By the way, HiDef Media Player virus is spread using various techniques. Some of them are really doubtful, so it may show up on your computer without downloading it there. In this case, we highly suggest you to remove this program from the system. For that you should scan your PC with a reputable anti-spyware.
How can HiDef Media Player hijack my computer?
HiDef Media Player can easily enter your PC unnoticed because it is spread not only through its official website. This program can also enter your computer in a bundle with other downloads. Of course, these third party programs may also be very questionable and may belong to questionable developers. In order to avoid unwanted attachments when downloading freeware from the Internet, you should be very careful. We highly suggest you to choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware, read end user license agreement and other information about the program you are about to install. If you noticed HiDef Media Player redirects, continuous pop-up ads and similar inconveniences on your computer, you should check your PC for this potentially unwanted program.
How to remove HiDef Media Player virus from the system?
HiDef Media Player is one of those applications that can easily initiate problems on the system. However, they can be eliminated without a trouble. For that you just need to follow these instructions:
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Remove HiDef Media Player from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as HiDef Media Player or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove HiDef Media Player extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as HiDef Media Player and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as HiDef Media Player and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like HiDef Media Player and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.