Imagineprime is the web browser extension that wants to change settings on your Mac to interfere with online traffic
Imagineprime is the adware-type intruder that makes users frustrated with various shady redirects to advertising services. This threat classifies as a potentially unwanted application that redirects your browsing sessions to commercial pages and may lead to dangerous sites filled with malicious material. This extension may appear out of nowhere and cause alerts about possible malware infections or danger to your machine. Users reported the issue with this application several times online.
However, all the false claims shown by ImaginePrime virus are there to trick people into initiating the installation of shady software, fake optimizers, or system tools like Advanced Mac Cleaner, Mac Adware Cleaner, MacBooster. This infiltration happens without users' knowledge when they get scared into allowing the download of the software with all those malware infection claims. Using such tools or even purchasing software with your own money can lead to issues with your privacy and permanently lost money.
|Type||Mac virus/ Browser extension/ Adware|
|Affected system||Mac OS|
|Symptoms||Makes the machine running slow, shows advertisements, pop-ups with promotional content, redirects to commercial pages, pushes shady tools|
|Distribution||Software bundling, other PUPs, deceptive websites|
|Elimination||Get Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego for system cleaning and remove Imagineprime|
|Possible danger||Tracks internet browsing details, displays malicious content|
|Aims to install||Advanced Mac Cleaner|
ImaginePrime is the program used by advertisers, so it claims to improve your time on the internet, although these claims are false. The service is not useful because this extension shows intrusive advertisements and causes traffic redirects to other pages filled with commercial material.
You may encounter the main ImaginePrime extensions on your Google Chrome or Safari browser or notice pop-ups and banners with questionable content. If you notice any of these on those windows, you can be sure that adware entered your system already:
- Powered by ImaginePrime;
- Ads by ImaginePrime;
- Ads powered by ImaginePrime;
- Advertisements by ImaginePrime;
- Brought to you by ImaginePrime.
Once you see these pop-ups or material that promotes suspicious software, take ImaginePrime virus infection into consideration and try to check the web browser directly for any content possibly related to advertisers. However, experts recommend relying on automatic tools for the whole process of malware termination.
So if you want to remove ImaginePrime completely, employ anti-malware tool that scans the system fully and indicates all possibly dangerous programs, useless files and other issues that may affect the performance or security of your machine. We can suggest Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego for the final scan since this tool can clean virus damage and repair needed files. Imagineprime is an unwanted program that focuses on displaying intrusive ads. ImaginePrime can run in the background on your browser and don't display anything on the screen, but you can tell from other symptoms that your device is affected by a potentially unwanted program. Common PUP symptoms can include:
- advertisements that appear in places they shouldn't be/ not originating from the site you visit;
- homepage, new tab, or browser settings get changed without permission;
- redirect take you to suspicious pages;
- pop-ups recommend updates or software installations;
- other in-browser material gets automatically installed on the Safari or Google Chrome.
When ImaginePrime shows up on the system, it causes pop-ups and system alerts with false claims about malware infections. However, once you let the shady system scan run it delivers more pre-determined results about virus infections and pushes you into installing tools like Advanced Mac Cleaner and different software that are useless.
Instead of believing these claims that adware showed on the screen, you should perform a thorough system scan that finally leads to ImaginePrime removal. You can achieve this by getting an anti-malware program that is trustworthy and terminating all intruders during a malware check of the device. Imagineprime is the adware that shows fake alerts and causes tons of redirects to trick you into downloading fake security and optimization software.
Potentially unwanted programs come bundled with installers of other apps
Third-party installers include extra programs that come without your permission and affect the system significantly. Even harmless redirects can cause automatic PUP installations. However, all this can be avoided if you pay more attention to processes you allow and the websites you constantly visit.
While installing software, applications, or even operating system updates, you can get PUP loaded on the computer without permission if you skip through installation steps. Advanced or Custom installation options should be selected every time you get a new program. This way, you can see the full list with programs included.
This is the best way to avoid unwanted applications and keep the machine virus-free. Also, choosing reliable sources can give a huge difference. When you install the app from pop-up ads, promotional content you get shady tools, in the first place, but you also may infect the machine without even noticing yourself.
Get rid of any content related to ImaginePrime extension by scanning the machine
Imagineprime virus is the browser extension that can get permission to access sensitive information, passwords, phone numbers, or even credit card information. This intruder may track and collect information regarding your browsing history and preferences.
To avoid privacy issues, identity theft, or damage to the device, you should remove ImaginePrime as soon as possible and use proper tools for the process. This means that professional antivirus programs make a huge difference when dealing with potentially unwanted programs.
Rely on anti-malware programs and choose the legitimate source for the software. This way, you can be sure that ImaginePrime removal gives the best possible results. You may need to clean your web browsing tools manually after the system cleaning. For that, we have prepared a guide below.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Imagineprime, follow these steps:
Get rid of Imagineprime from Mac OS X system
Clean your machine folly from adware ImaginePrime traces that may be left behind during a system cleaning process
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Imagineprime or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Erase Imagineprime from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
You should check the browser for additional shady materials
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to Imagineprime and click Remove.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
In case Imagineprime did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete Imagineprime removal.
Delete Imagineprime from Google Chrome
Reset the Chore to default, so ImaginePrime extension is terminated
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to Imagineprime by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the Imagineprime-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete Imagineprime removal.
Uninstall Imagineprime from Safari
Your Safari browser may get affected by ImaginePrime virus or any other extensions
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension related to Imagineprime and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.