InitialSite123 is a potentially unwanted application that hijacks Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other browsers
Questions about InitialSite123.com virus
InitialSite123 is a browser hijacker that enters users' machines with the help of deceptive distribution methods, primarily software bundling. The unwanted application enters the computer unnoticed and performs several changes to Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari, setting the new tab and the homepage address to InitialSite123.com. The PUP then constantly disturbs web browsing settings by displaying alternative search results, displaying excessive advertisements on various domains, redirecting users to suspicious websites and slowing down the web browser. InitialSite123 should be immediately eliminated once its presence is spotted. To find out how, please follow this article.
|Infiltration||Software bundling, insecure sites|
|Symptoms||Altered web browser settings, redirects, ads|
|Operating systems||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android|
|Affected browsers||Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.|
|Elimination||Check our step-by-step guide below this article|
|Optimization||We recommend scanning the PC with ReimageIntego – it will fix all the damage done by the PUP|
InitialSite123 is one of the millions of hijackers that float around the internet and is almost identical to Initialpage123.com. These type of applications never bring any benefits to the end user and instead might even harm the system and the user. For that reason, InitialSite123 removal should not be delayed, as, as long as the hijacker remains on the device, personal information and malware infections are real threats.
It would be wrong to call it InitialSite123 virus, as it is not malware. The software is legitimate, although it does use unfair distribution techniques and tries to deceive users with its alleged usefulness. In reality, potentially unwanted programs are created with only one goal in mind: to gain revenue (pay-per-click) from advertisement, all at the infected users' expense.
Unfortunately, some adware or browser hijacking applications can be a real pain to eliminate, as traces might be left on the browser itself, and not the system. Thus, if you are dealing with InitialSite123 removal with no luck, you should know that the easiest and the most effective way to remove it is using reliable anti-malware software, although our guide below is just as effective.
Another downside of InitialSite123 is the constant sponsored links that are shown at the top of the search results. This is as well done in order to make users click on sponsored links and bring partners' more visits, which consequently increases the rank of the site.
However, such activity can completely destroy web browsing experience, as finding relative information becomes almost impossible. The unwanted ads can be eliminated only after you remove InitialSite123 virus from your computer.
Finally, security experts warn that most potentially unwanted apps collect a variety of anonymous information about its users, which can include, but is not limited to:
- IP address;
- Web search history;
- Links clicked;
- Bookmarks added;
- Cookies, etc.
The aggregated data then allows InitialSite123 developers to create profiles based on browsing habits, in a scheme that is called targeted advertisement. While, when done right, it can be used for benefiting the end user and the marketing team, the browser hijackers and other PUP authors may misuse the data. For example, cookies can stay in your browser up to 10 years, and they can say a lot about you.
As soon as you get rid of InitialSite123 hijack, we suggest you scan your machine with ReimageIntego. This repair software can fix all the damage done that was related to the hijacking of web browsers.
Researcher shows the search engine on InitialSite123.com website. If this web page appears in your eyes every time you open Chrome or Mozilla, it means that your browsers were hijacked by InitialSite123.com virus.
Protecting your PC from browser hijackers
To avoid browser hijackers, adware-type programs and similar potentially unwanted software, you need to choose software download sources carefully. We strongly advise you to choose Custom or Advanced, and not Standard or Default installation settings for the setup. These settings will provide you with the list of suggested third-party downloads and allow you to drop them off.
If you don’t manually configure components of your download, remember – all programs bundled with your desired software will be installed without asking you twice. That is the main reason why we do not recommend choosing Standard/Basic/Express/Default settings in software installers.
Such a program should be avoided, because they can unintentionally collect some personally identifiable details about the user, too. To protect your PC from unwanted apps and other shady programs that try to step into the computer system without the user’s permission, we suggest you download security application that specializes in PUP detection.
InitialSite123 removal techniques
To remove InitialSite123.com virus from your machine and the web browser, you need to follow the instructions provided below. Make sure you are attentive enough to find all add-ons and extensions that look suspicious to you. You should get rid of all add-ons that belong to the same developer because they can re-install this virus on your computer behind your back.
However, if you do not want to use a guide given below, you can perform InitialSite123 removal process with the help of security software which will take care of everything automatically.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove InitialSite123.com virus, follow these steps:
Remove InitialSite123.com from Windows systems
To remove InitialSite123 from Windows, your goal is to find all shady-looking programs or those programs that were installed without your knowledge. Make sure you uninstall them according to these rules:
To remove InitialSite123.com virus from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to InitialSite123.com virus (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Get rid of InitialSite123.com from Mac OS X system
To remove this hijacker from Mac OS X, you must uninstall suspicious applications that were installed without your consent.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove InitialSite123.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for InitialSite123.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove InitialSite123.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to InitialSite123.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the InitialSite123.com virus-related entries.
Eliminate InitialSite123.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
To remove InitialSite123 from Firefox, go to the list of all installed extensions and remove this add-on. If you can't find an extension with such name, look for other extensions installed on the same day and remove all of them.
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to InitialSite123.com virus and click Remove.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
In case InitialSite123.com virus did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete InitialSite123.com virus removal.
Uninstall InitialSite123.com from Google Chrome
To fix Google Chrome after hijack, make sure you delete this extension from Chrome. Check what other questionable extensions are provided in the Extensions tab and delete them without a hesitation.
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to InitialSite123.com virus by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the InitialSite123.com virus-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete InitialSite123.com virus removal.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of InitialSite123.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.