Ourluckysites redirects can be dangerous – here's what you should know about them
If you’re looking for a new search engine, make sure you don’t fall into Ourluckysites.com virus traps. This potentially unwanted program (PUP) originates from the same spyware group that includes initialsite123.com and initialpage123.com viruses.
These shady browser hijackers are categorized as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), and cyber security experts always advise users to stay away from these programs. Once installed, Ourluckysites.com hijacker changes current homepage and new tab page settings in Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Consequently, the user finds oneself on Ourluckysites.com page each time he opens the web browser or new tab. The website itself has a simple design and suggests using a search engine, which, to be honest, looks completely plausible at first sight.
However, if it does look like a safe one to you, too, do not forget the fact that it hijacked your web browser without your knowledge. That is one of the reasons why we recommend you to remove Ourluckysites.com hijacker without a hesitation. Another reason is Ourluckysites.com redirect problem, which causes a headache for almost every computer user who is “lucky” enough to experience it.
Questions about Ourluckysites.com virus
The problem with the described search engine is that it doesn’t concentrate on providing quality results because it aims to generate revenue from sponsored search results. Therefore, it fills results’ pages with paid entries that lead to various third-party websites. Do not be convinced to use this search engine even if it says that it provides Yahoo search results – remember, these search results can be altered and customized (read more about Yahoo Redirect Virus).
On top of that, as long as the hijacker stays in the computer system, it keeps collecting browsing-related data, for example, browsing history details, search queries, geolocation of victim’s device, IP address, and similar data. All of it might be transferred to OurLuckySites’ server and used for market analysis and also might be shared with third-party companies. If your privacy matters to you, it is better to take care of Ourluckysites.com removal without a wait.
Thus, collected data might be used to deliver you catchy-looking search results and pop-up ads, which, once clicked, can lead you to dangerous Internet pages that you would normally try to avoid visiting. To ease the process, we highly recommend using instructions that our experts prepared, and complete it by running a system scan with trustworthy tools such as Reimage or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
Ourluckysites Distribution techniques explained
Sadly, the majority of potentially unwanted programs are still considered to be legitimate, because their activity balances on the thin line between what’s considered legitimate and not.
One of the things that make them legal is their distribution method – technically, they can be installed only with user’s permission. However, they spread alongside other free programs, and normally they hide their presence behind Default/Standard installation options, which users tend to choose without even reading the information given in fine print below them.
Most free programs bundle additional items with them and present them as “recommended downloads,” although they do so only because they’re paid to do so. If you want to avoid installing shady third-party software, refuse to install bundled items by selecting Custom or Advanced installation options and removing check marks from boxes next to suggestions to install unexpected programs.
Best practices to solve Ourluckysites.com redirect issue
If you’re looking for ways to remove Ourluckysites.com virus, you came to the right place. Here, we provide even two different Ourluckysites.com removal options – the manual and the automatic one.
If you’re not looking to obtain a security software, you can try to delete the described browser hijacker on your own – simply use instructions provided below. If you’re looking for a professional computer protection tool and if you want to delete the hijacker the fastest possible way, rely on automatic malware removal programs. You can find a list of suggested ones below.
You can remove Ourluckysites.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Ourluckysites.com virus, follow these steps:
Uninstall Ourluckysites.com from Windows systems
Uninstall all programs that, in your opinion, might be helping OurLuckySites.com stay in your PC system.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Ourluckysites.com and related programs
Here, look for Ourluckysites.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Ourluckysites.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XFirefoxGoogle Chrome
Eliminate Ourluckysites.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Ourluckysites.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Ourluckysites.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Get if of OurLuckySites add-on and other components related to this highly suspicious browser virus.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Ourluckysites.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Ourluckysites.com removal.
Delete Ourluckysites.com from Google Chrome
The guide given below precisely explains how to remove ourluckysites.com hijacker. You might also find an extension installed in your browser – OurLuckySites. Remove it immediately.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Ourluckysites.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Ourluckysites.com removal.