“Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” scam targets Mac computer users
“Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” is a fraudulent message that might pop-up any time when a user browses the web with Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers. This cyber infection is known as a Tech Support scam virus and an adware that attacks Mac OS X users.
Tapsnake virus warning on Mac is responsible for delivering various advertisements and redirecting users to the third-party domains. In this case, the adware program redirects users to the malicious website (for example, www.securedominonline.com) where the virus delivers a fake error message.
The warning includes information about the Tapsnake virus infection and asks to call “Mac professionals” to fix this problem. However, it’s nothing more than a scareware scam. If you are wondering, what is Tapsnake virus, we can assure that malware has been created for swindling money from the innocent and naïve computer users.
Scammers use various blackmailing techniques to convince people to call 800-130-1949 or +64-800-003-313. However, we do not recommend contacting “Mac professionals” because they cannot help you to remove “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” scam. Take our advice and get rid of the malware with Reimage Reimage Cleaner or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner.
****Dont Restart Your Computer ****
Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection, The Infections detected, indicate some recent downloads on the computer which in turn has created problems on the computer.Call Mac professionals at 800-130-1949 and share this code B2957E to the Technician to Fix This.
PLEASE DO NOT SHUT DOWN OR RESTART THE COMPUTER, DOING THAT MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND POSSIBLE FAILURE OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM, AND POTENTIAL NON BOOTABLE SITUATION RESULTING IN COMPLETE DATA LOSS. CONTACT LIVE CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE CALLING TOLL FREE: 800-130-1949
As you can see from the example above, “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” malware tries to scare victims that they might lose their files if they decide to shut down or restart the computer. However, it’s just a lie. There’s no need following scammers’ instructions.
If you receive this warning, you have to close the browser and concentrate on “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” removal. All the possible ways how you can get rid of the malware you can find at the end of the article.
"Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection" virus wants people to call to fake tech support line to learn how to clean up malware from Mac OS X.
Infiltration of the adware relies on bundling
Adware which is responsible for the Mac virus Tapsnake spreads bundled with freeware and shareware. When users install a new program using suggested Recommended/Quick setup, they give indirect permission for PUPs to enter the system.
IT specialists remind users to install new applications using Advanced/Custom settings. They not only protect from the virus Tapsnake but from other potentially unwanted or dangerous applications as well. During the installation, you have to deselect all pre-selected entries and continue the installation without no worries.
Malware can reach users in the United States, the United Kingdom, but Japan and other countries all over the world. However, if you have already suffered from the attack, you should check Tapsnake removal options below.
Elimination guidelines for the “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” virus
The best way to remove “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” from the computer is to take advantage of reputable antivirus or anti-malware program. All you have to do is to scan the system with an updated tool.
Additionally, you can opt for manual “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” removal and follow our instructions presented below. However, this method is quite complicated, so you should be very careful. Keep in mind that it’s important to delete all virus-related files to avoid other computer problems.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam virus, follow these steps:
Remove “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam from Mac OS X system
To remove “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” malware you have to follow instructions carefully and remove all suspicious applications that might be related to the virus. When you finish this task, check all your web browsers that are installed on your Mac. Adware might have installed additional extensions, add-ons or toolbars that should be uninstalled immediately.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Uninstall “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Open Firefox extensions and carefully look through them. Remove each of the entries you do not remember installing. They might be related to the misleading tech support scam message.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam removal.
Erase “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam from Google Chrome
Uninstall suspicious Chrome extensions and reset the browser to the default state. It will help to get rid of the “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” redirects and pop-ups.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam removal.
Eliminate “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam from Safari
Follow the steps below to get rid of the adware that is responsible for Tapsnake virus alerts. You will have to remove supicious browser extensions and reset Safari.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete “Mac Detected TAPSNAKE infection” Tech Support scam removal process.