OPdailyallowance ransomware (Removal Guide) - Decryption Steps Included
OPdailyallowance virus Removal Guide
What is OPdailyallowance ransomware?
OPdailyallowance is a ransomware-type virus that locks your files with .CRYPTR appendix
OPdailyallowance is a ransomware virus that focuses on money extortion.
OPdailyallowance is dangerous ransomware demanding a specific payment for recovering encrypted user's files. The ransom amount asked by this virus is equal to 0.3 BTC. This virus is based on the Hidden Tear code and set to use .CRYPTR file extension to mark encrypted data. After it modifies the victim's photos, videos, documents or archives, ransomwareplaces a ransom note called INTRUCTION.html instead of the desktop background. If you got infected, you can also find two other two text files, called ATTANTION!!!.txt and PAYMENT!!!.txt, in each of your folders. These ransom messages are typically set to provide information about the attack and give instructions on how to recover encrypted files. However, you should know that people behind this virus are money driven and the only thing they need from you is ransom. You shouldn't contact cybercriminals in any way, and pay the ransom as there is a high chance to be left with nothing.
|Ransom notes||INTRUCTION.html; ATTANTION!!!.txt; PAYMENT!!!.txt|
|Ransom amount||0.3 BTC|
|Distribution||Spam email attachments|
|Elimination||Use RestoroIntego for OPdailyallowance ransomware removal|
The OPdailyallowance virus starts the infiltration with a full system scan to know if there is any encryption done already. If there is nothing detected, it modifies the most of your data by using sophisticated encryption methods. This process locks photos, videos, documents, archives, and other files multiple times. Files affected by this malware are marked with .CRYPTR appendix.
People behind this threat claim that they are the only ones who can decrypt your files. However, this alleged decryption tool might not exist. On one of the ransom notes, cybercriminals are stating that, if you are not going to pay the ransom, your files are going to be exposed for the world because hackers have allegedly copied them on their system. We cannot state that these facts are true.
The text file contains the following information:
YOUR PRIVATE KEY EXPIRED 3 DAYS IF IT EXCEEDS 3 DAYS WE CAN NOT HELP YOU TO DECRYPT YOUR FILE
PLEASE DON'T TURN OFF YOUR PC AND DON'T RENAME THE EXTENSION, IT WILL FILE YOUR CORRUPTION
GET THE KEY TO DECRYPT FILE. YOU HAVE PAY 0,3 BTC TO ADDRESS *****
IF YOU SEND EMAIL AND NO REPLY FROM US MORE THAN 2 DAYS PLEASE RESEND YOUR EMAIL
Another version of a ransom note displayed in a text file reads:
GET THE KEY DECRYPT FILE, YOU HAVE TO PAY 0,3 BTC TO ADDRESS: *****
The main ransom note is displayed in the HTML window and contains tips on how to get cryptocurrency, the wallet address, and contact cybercriminals. You can also see that you have three days to pay and should not try to recover your files with USB sticks or other external drives because this can lead to corruption of your data.
You need to remove OPdailyallowance ransomware because this statement is true and you can try several methods to recover your data after that. Besides, the longer the ransomware stays on your computer, the most additional data it can affect. If you want to restore your files, you need to get rid of the cyber intruder completely.
After OPdailyallowance ransomware removal, you can try to recover your data by replacing it with safe and clean files from an external drive or cloud service. However, you should use reputable anti-malware tools if you want to terminate this dangerous cryptovirus at first. Researchers advise to use such tools as RestoroIntego or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner to remove malware from your device.
OPdailyallowance ransomware is file-locking malware that adds .CRYPTR file extension to every encrypted file.
Ransomware developers use spam email campaigns to spread threats
Spam email is one of the most common methods used for spreading malware. Trojans, for example, can be set to open backdoors for hackers or spread direct ransomware script. Other malware can directly infect your device the minute you download an insecure file from an email. Ransomware can be installed for a while until you notice file encryption consequences and a ransom note on the system.
The biggest issue here is not paying enough attention while cleaning your email box or browsing on the internet in general. If you are not expecting any email, think twice before you open a questionable one. Malicious actors can hide their products in different emails or websites. Often they use known company names as the senders' address. However, you should always check the grammar mistakes, typos, and correlation with the content and attachments. If an email is filled with commercial material or has various hyperlinks, it can be malicious. Delete suspicious emails without opening them.
Employ reputable tools for OPdailyallowance ransomware removal
To remove OPdailyallowance ransomware from the computer properly, you need to use professional malware-fighting tools like RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes. These anti-malware tools can detect malicious programs, files or even system vulnerabilities. Anything from PUPs to trojans and ransomware can be found after a full system scan. This program also eliminates these threats and fixes other errors.
OPdailyallowance ransomware removal using a reputable anti-malware can improve the overall performance of your device. If you already have a trustworthy antivirus, anti-malware tools can be a good addition to maximize the security of your device. This tool can detect and block malicious intruder before the initial attack if you keep the software up-to-date.
Getting rid of OPdailyallowance virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
Get rid of OPdailyallowance ransomware. The first thing you should try is rebooting the device in Safe Mode with Networking:
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove OPdailyallowance using System Restore
System Restore feature should also help in this virus termination process:
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of OPdailyallowance. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove OPdailyallowance from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by OPdailyallowance, you can use several methods to restore them:
If you are concerned about your encrypted files, try Data Recovery Pro and restore them
This is a tool specifically designed to restore encrypted or accidentally deleted files
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by OPdailyallowance ransomware;
- Restore them.
If you still want to restore your files, try Windows Previous Versions feature
If System Restore feature was enabled before the initial attack, you could recover your files
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
ShadowExplorer can restore data encrypted by OPdailyallowance ransomware
This file restoring method works if Shadow Volume Copies were left untouched
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
The official decrypter is not available yet
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from OPdailyallowance and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.
- ^ Ian van Reenen. Ransomware is a big problem, but it’s also a big opportunity for MSPs to educate clients. Helpnetsecurity. Information security news.
- ^ Encryption. Techopedia. IT definitions.
- ^ Uirusu. Uirusu. Spyware news.