PsdRunner is another ad-supported program, which causes commercial pop-up notifications during people's browsing. This program is actively promoted using unfair distribution method, which relies on third party programs. In most of the cases, it infiltrates computers as 'additional download', so if you don't pay enough attention to freewares' installation, you can easily agree to install it on your computer. That's why there are hundreds of PC users who have reported about unexpected PsdRunner's infiltration and have called this program 'virus'. In reality, it can't pose harm to any computer but we still recommend avoiding this adware. By the way, you can install PsdRunner on your machine voluntarily after falling into believing that this program can help you run Adobe Photoshop Document files and prevent errors that are related to them. Please, don't do that if you are not prepared for continuous pop-up ads and similar inconveniences.
How can PsdRunner hijack my computer?
We have already warned you that PsdRunner virus is actively spread using unfair distribution method, which is known as 'bundling'. In order to prevent infiltration of this and similar adwares, you should choose only Cusotm or Advanced installation method and then find the check mark that says that you agree to install this and similar extensions on your machine. Once PsdRunner hijacks the system, it affects all popular web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. After that, it starts showing its irritating pop-up ads, banner ads and similar content. Please, be very careful with them because they may redirect you to insecure websites or make you install other programs that belong to 'potentially unwanted programs' category.
How to remove PsdRunner?
PsdRunner ads, redirects and similar issues is the clearest sign showing that your computer was affected. Don't ignore these things. In order to keep your computer secure, you should remove such programs as PsdRunner. For that you can use this guide:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to SearchFoot:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as PsdRunner, PSSDrunneare, Psdrunneero, PSdRuNnER and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.