What is known about Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com?
Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus is just one of hundreds of browser hijackers that are advertised as beneficial computer system additions. It is yet another product released by Imali Media – and it seems that this shady company is not going to stop developing them anytime soon. Browser hijackers are pieces of software that modify browser settings with an intention to switch homepage and new tab page URLs to a specific one, in this case, Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com. This website is closely related to Search.Safefinder.com search engine, as this address can be noticed right after entering a search query into the search engine provided on FunSecurityTab homepage. If you are attentive enough, you will quickly see that several redirects occur, and that seems a bit suspicious. Later on, the search engine produces a list of regular-looking results featuring sponsored ones, including ads related to user’s search term and popular shopping results as well. If you do not like to receive a lot of sponsored content, these promotional offers will annoy you. Nonetheless, there is something more.
Questions about Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus
This browser is sometimes called as Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com redirect virus not without a reason. It appears that some of its search outcomes can reroute the user to suspicious third-party websites, which can contain highly questionable content. You might be introduced to apps, updates, and other files that can be downloaded for free, but do not be fooled; such content can contain components that might start displaying pop-up ads, banners, inject hyperlinks into random text lines, or initiate dangerous activities on your computer. In the worst scenario, you can end up installing a malicious piece of software that can lock your computer and ask you to pay a ransom. We do not say that Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com is responsible for that, but we just want to warn you and advise you to be careful while browsing through unknown websites, especially if you are forced to visit them (because of redirects). If you want to keep your computer secure, we recommend using a different search engine, for example, Google, and remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com redirect virus from the computer. This can be easily done with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego spyware removal tool.
How does this program spread?
FunSecurityTab can be added to your browser from its official site, but it is only compatible with Chrome and Firefox browsers. This browser hijacker cannot affect other Internet browsers, at least at the moment of writing this report. Do not be surprised if you discover the previously mentioned search engine on your homepage after launching one of these web browsers even if you did not click anywhere to download this PUP. This hijacker can enter your PC beside other apps, for instance, free games, download managers, media players, PDF file converters, and similar tools that computer users tend to download a lot. If you want to protect your computer from Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com hijack and other PUPs, follow these steps whenever you install a new program on your computer:
- Follow guidelines of the installation wizard and, once you reach the “Settings” step, adjust settings and set them to Advanced/Custom value.
How to remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com?
To remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus, please carefully study the instructions provided below this article. Most likely you will be able to eliminate this PUP on your own; if you find this task difficult, then just employ an automatic Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com removal tool and delete it from the computer by running a full system scan.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Erase Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Eliminate Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Find FunSecurityTab add-on and delete it.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com removal.
Uninstall Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Google Chrome
Look for FunSecurityTab browser extension and delete it.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com removal.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.