What is known about Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com?
Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus is just one of hundreds of browser hijackers that are advertised as beneficial computer system additions. It is yet another product released by Imali Media – and it seems that this shady company is not going to stop developing them anytime soon. Browser hijackers are pieces of software that modify browser settings with an intention to switch homepage and new tab page URLs to a specific one, in this case, Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com. This website is closely related to Search.Safefinder.com search engine, as this address can be noticed right after entering a search query into the search engine provided on FunSecurityTab homepage. If you are attentive enough, you will quickly see that several redirects occur, and that seems a bit suspicious. Later on, the search engine produces a list of regular-looking results featuring sponsored ones, including ads related to user’s search term and popular shopping results as well. If you do not like to receive a lot of sponsored content, these promotional offers will annoy you. Nonetheless, there is something more.
Questions about Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus
This browser is sometimes called as Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com redirect virus not without a reason. It appears that some of its search outcomes can reroute the user to suspicious third-party websites, which can contain highly questionable content. You might be introduced to apps, updates, and other files that can be downloaded for free, but do not be fooled; such content can contain components that might start displaying pop-up ads, banners, inject hyperlinks into random text lines, or initiate dangerous activities on your computer. In the worst scenario, you can end up installing a malicious piece of software that can lock your computer and ask you to pay a ransom. We do not say that Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com is responsible for that, but we just want to warn you and advise you to be careful while browsing through unknown websites, especially if you are forced to visit them (because of redirects). If you want to keep your computer secure, we recommend using a different search engine, for example, Google, and remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com redirect virus from the computer. This can be easily done with a help of ReimageIntego spyware removal tool.
How does this program spread?
FunSecurityTab can be added to your browser from its official site, but it is only compatible with Chrome and Firefox browsers. This browser hijacker cannot affect other Internet browsers, at least at the moment of writing this report. Do not be surprised if you discover the previously mentioned search engine on your homepage after launching one of these web browsers even if you did not click anywhere to download this PUP. This hijacker can enter your PC beside other apps, for instance, free games, download managers, media players, PDF file converters, and similar tools that computer users tend to download a lot. If you want to protect your computer from Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com hijack and other PUPs, follow these steps whenever you install a new program on your computer:
- Follow guidelines of the installation wizard and, once you reach the “Settings” step, adjust settings and set them to Advanced/Custom value.
How to remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com?
To remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus, please carefully study the instructions provided below this article. Most likely you will be able to eliminate this PUP on your own; if you find this task difficult, then just employ an automatic Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com removal tool and delete it from the computer by running a full system scan.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Erase Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Eliminate Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Mac OS X system
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com virus-related entries.
Get rid of Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Find FunSecurityTab add-on and delete it.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com removal.
Uninstall Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com from Google Chrome
Look for FunSecurityTab browser extension and delete it.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.funsecuritytabsearch.com removal.
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.