Search.getmybestyear.com is a browser hijacker that affects the speed of your browser and the performance of your Mac in general
Search.getmybestyear.com – a cyber threat that changes homepage and search engine on your web browser. This intruder affects Mac OS supporting devices and mainly focuses on redirecting your online traffic to affiliated sites and delivering questionable online search results. When your device gets affected by this Getmybest year extension, you immediately encounter the symptoms of a potentially unwanted program. Unfortunately, this browser hijacker gets installed by the user either knowingly or unwillingly due to the software bundling technique. Due to this distribution method, you need a thorough system scan to eliminate all Search.getmybestyear.com related content.
|Category||Potentially unwanted program|
|Symptoms||Changes homepage, new tab setting on your browser, installs additional applications, causes redirects to suspicious pages|
|Main danger||Installs questionable programs or tools, exposes to possibly dangerous content|
|Affects||Browsers on Mac OS supporting devices|
|Distribution method||Software bundles, deceptive advertisements|
|Elimination tips||Use Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego or similar tool to clean the system thoroughly when performing Search.getmybestyear.com removal|
When dealing with Search.getmybestyear.com or any similar intrusive program is to clean the system as soon as possible. These programs often get offered on deceptive advertisements or questionable websites and promote other unwanted content. Since these PUPs distributed via software bundling or deceptive advertising, it is most likely sponsored by commercial content creators.
This is the reason that main Search.getmybestyear.com virus symptom is intrusive advertisements and redirects. Browser hijackers have the purpose of modifying web browser settings and default preferences without users' permission or knowledge. This is why you cannot say when in particular this infection appeared on the device.
Additionally to the changed homepage, new tab settings, Search.getmybestyear.com can:
- change the default search engine on your browser and set it to Search.getmybestyear.com;
- install extensions, add-ons or toolbars on the browser;
- keep you from getting useful search results;
- inject advertisements to commonly visited sites;
- prevent you from accessing some pages.
You need to remove Search.getmybestyear.com as soon as possible for yet another reason – data tracking functionality. This feature is common for potentially unwanted programs because of their relation to advertisers. However, you should be concerned because the information about your online browsing habits, preferences or more sensitive details like email addresses, location can be tracked and even shared with third-party companies.
For the best Search.getmybestyear.com removal results, we recommend using reliable tools like Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. Researchers advise cleaning the system fully when terminating potentially unwanted programs because it helps to improve the performance of your machine.
Make sure to get rid of this intruder ass soon as possible and terminate Search.getmybestyear.com processes that may appear in Task manager. Also, check your Google Chrome, Safari or other browsers and remove all suspicious extensions, add-ons manually.
Search.getmybestyear.com is a potentially unwanted program which affects the speed of your browser and diminishes your time online.
PUPs get packed with freeware in bundles
The most common mistake users tend to do every time they install software in their devices is skipping through steps. Also, choosing questionable sources for your programs or getting applications from promotional advertisements directly. These are crucial mistakes because users can get cyber infections this way.
When you choose Default or Quick installation options, you risk installing additional potentially unwanted programs like adware or browser hijackers. Opting for Advanced or Custom installations allows a user to de-select suspicious programs from the list and keep the device clean this way. It only takes a few moments.
Terminate Search.getmybestyear.com and clean the system thoroughly
You need professional help when performing Search.getmybestyear.com removal because anti-malware or PC repair tools can check the system fully and find all possible intruders. This way your device gets cleaned entirely, and you can use it regularly again.
Although Mac devices often get called safe, you need to remove Search.getmybestyear.com using trustworthy programs. You can choose from our suggestions or select another program of your choice. However, make sure you use the official provider and Advanced Installations.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.getmybestyear.com, follow these steps:
Remove Search.getmybestyear.com from Mac OS X system
Clean the system thoroughly when eliminating Search.getmybestyear.com
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Search.getmybestyear.com from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.getmybestyear.com-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.getmybestyear.com, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.getmybestyear.com and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.getmybestyear.com-related entries.
Uninstall Search.getmybestyear.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.getmybestyear.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.getmybestyear.com removal.
Erase Search.getmybestyear.com from Google Chrome
Clear all suspicious content from the browser after Search.getmybestyear.com removal
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.getmybestyear.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.getmybestyear.com removal.
Eliminate Search.getmybestyear.com from Safari
Make sure to remove Search.getmybestyear.com and related content from your Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.getmybestyear.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.getmybestyear.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.getmybestyear.com removal process.
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.