Should you remove Search.ourmediatabsearch.com?
If you are planning to try the search engine on Search.ourmediatabsearch.com website, which has appeared in your Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser after launching it, we highly advise you not to do that. This web page can be set as your homepage in your browser due to Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus existence, which can hijack your PC without your knowledge. Of course, you can install this potentially unwanted program (PUP) by your choice, but in the majority of cases, victims claim that they didn’t go and download this browser hijacker from its official website nor other places on the Internet. If you are looking for a quick removal solution, remove this hijacker using ReimageIntego software.
Questions about Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus
In fact, this browser hijacker does not differ from any other PUPs developed by Imali Media. These PUPs are advertised as tools that can provide the user with free access to favorite shows and live sports and enhance the browsing experience by changing browser’s settings and adding new default search engine, homepage, plus new tab page. Its bogus search engines typically have “media” in their URL. Examples include Search.topmediatabsearch.com, Search.supermediatabsearch.com, and Search.bestmediatabsearch.com. Be aware that these search engines are untrustworthy and that their advertised “benefits” may not seem so beneficial to you. For example, Search.ourmediatabsearch.com site looks safe at the first sight; besides, it suggests ten shortcuts to various popular Internet sites including Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, YouTube, and so on. Although these sites are safe, the search box that is provided above these shortcuts is not.
If you entered a search term into it and hit enter, you would be rerouted through Search.SafeFinder.com site and then provided with safe-looking Yahoo search results. We highly recommend you not to rely on them as they can be slightly altered. Computer security experts say that the user can unexpectedly experience Search.ourmediatabsearch.com redirects after clicking on them, which can lead him/her to unpredictable Internet places. Beware, because these redirects might not necessarily point you to secure web pages. Try to avoid providing your personally identifiable information on such sites, do not sign up for suspicious memberships that request entering your credit card details, and bypass offers to update your programs or to download new ones. Only by following these tips you will increase protection of your personal data and computer.
How did it enter your computer without your permission?
In fact, this program did get your authorization to be installed. The fact is, this program spreads together with other applications, so you have to watch what you install on your computer. The majority of free applications suggest installing bonus apps alongside them, but unfortunately, not all computer users successfully notice these offers. They are typically hidden under trustworthy-looking Default or Standard installation settings. To avoid installing unknown additions unintentionally, follow these steps:
- Choose Custom or Advanced installation option.
- Look for such or similar lines and remove the ticks next to them:
- “Make [URL] my start page;”
- “Make [URL] my default search engine;”
How to remove Search.ourmediatabsearch.com browser hijacker?
If you wish to delete Search.ourmediatabsearch.com redirect virus from your browser and use your preferred search engine again, you shouldn’t go to browser’s settings to change homepage and default search engine settings. You have to initiate Search.ourmediatabsearch.com removal by finding this browser hijacker on your PC and deleting all of its components. Otherwise, it will keep changing your browser settings each time you close your browser and re-open it. To entirely get rid of this problem, follow instructions given below or just use an anti-spyware software for that.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Eliminate Search.ourmediatabsearch.com from Windows systems
To remove Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Erase Search.ourmediatabsearch.com from Mac OS X system
Remove Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus-related entries.
Remove Search.ourmediatabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
In case Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus removal.
Get rid of Search.ourmediatabsearch.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site like Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete Search.ourmediatabsearch.com virus removal.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.ourmediatabsearch.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.