Top-captcharesolver.com Pop-ups (virus) - Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Top-captcharesolver.com Pop-ups Removal Guide
What is Top-captcharesolver.com Pop-ups?
Top-captcharesolver.com Pop-ups arise when your device is infected with adware
Please don't accept notifications from this dubious website
Top-captcharesolver.com is a treacherous website that tries to trick users into accepting its notifications by showing misleading page backgrounds. These backgrounds might change every time you visit it. At the time of writing, we detected two versions.
The first one urged to press the Allow button enabling its notifications to prove that you're not a robot, while the second one – to start downloading something unidentified if a user that either willingly or not visited the site accepts its notification, soon after, pop-up ads will start appearing in the form of notifications.
The Top-captcharesolver.com ads will most definitely irritate you as they will pop up at any given time, and in some cases, they are impossible to close as pressing the “X” button doesn't close them but opens an affiliate site. And that's where you might get in trouble. It's worth noting that any device, including Mac and Windows devices, and smartphones could catch this pesky infection.
Developers of such sites don't care for their users' privacy or safety. Therefore you might be redirected to pages with all kinds of questionable material. Since we're helping people to resolve cybersecurity issues for more than a decade, we can speculate that by clicking the article's culprits ads, you could end up on websites with:
- tech support scams,
- other push notification viruses,
- websites that urge to install PUPs,
- malware, etc.
There are numerous websites like these, and new ones are created daily. They're called push notification viruses. People can visit them by mistyping an address, clicking on a deceptive ad on a high-risk domain, or if they have a potentially unwanted program (PUP) installed on their devices.
This article contains detailed, illustrated instructions to eliminate the adware that's causing redirects to questionable sites and remove Top-captcharesolver.com pop-ups if you've pressed the Allow button. Please follow the guidelines thoroughly so you could once again enjoy your device anew.
|type||Push notification virus, adware, PUP|
|Symptoms||The device is running visibly slower; tons of deceptive ads appear in the form of notifications on the top-right or bottom-right corners of the desktop or directly on the phone screen|
|Risks||Deceptive ads might lead to dangerous portals where you could get your device infected with malware; your personal information could be drawn out, etc.|
|Distribution||Fake Flash Player updates, deceptive ads, software bundling, freeware|
|Elimination||Remove all PUPs hiding in your device by running a scan with trustworthy anti-malware software. Please get rid of the irritating notifications by using our instructions shown below|
|System fix||Use the RestoroIntego system diagnostics tool to delete all tracking cookies stored by hazardous sites and repair corrupted system files|
When the Allow button is pressed, you will start receiving tons of ads directly to your desktop or screen. Please press Block instead or close the tab
Get rid of adware that opens untrustworthy pages out of the blue
We're glad you chose us to guide you through Top-captcharesolver.com removal process. First of all, you need to eliminate the potentially unwanted program that caused the initial redirect to the article pulpit's website. Such programs are also able to cover your browsers with deceptive ads and collecting various browsing-related data (IP addresses, frequently visited sites, device info, geolocations, etc.).
There are two ways to get rid of them. The first one would be scanning your device with trustworthy anti-malware software. This way, all suspicious, questionable, or untrustworthy applications are identified, and the possibility of removal is presented to you.
Malwarebytes will not only remove adware, but it will also protect your device from various malware lurking on the internet. A proper security tool will prevent you from visiting dangerous sites (including the article's culprit) and similar treacherous domains and stop all kinds of cyber infections from entering your device.
If you decide to remove PUPs manually, please be advised that the infection could renew if you overlook some files or entries on the system. If you're using a computer with Windows10/8, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till the uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If your device runs on Windows 7 or XP, please remove the adware as such:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are a Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
If you didn't find any suspicious programs or if you did but removing them didn't stop redirects to dubious websites, we highly recommend you perform a full system scan with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or similar security software. Only after eliminating all suspicious and possibly hazardous entires proceed to the next step.
For some time, Macs were impenetrable for malware, but those days are long gone. All types of infections can infect Apple production. Thus if you experience Top-captcharesolver.com pop-ups on your Mac, please take these steps to remove potentially unwanted programs:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Remove Top-captcharesolver.com notifications to stop its ads from annoying you
Please note that push notifications are a legitimate service that can show you the latest news, sports updates, amazing offers, and so on. But cybercriminals misuse it to deliver ads from their affiliates. As we've pointed out before, ads start appearing as notifications after you press the Allow button on a treacherous site. You or anyone else using your device might have pushed the button by accident. But whatever you do, please don't click on them.
Ads shown by push notification viruses are not safe for numerous reasons. They usually appear alluring but redirect to websites that have nothing to do with the ad contents. That's why by clicking on an ad that offers a huge discount for a new laptop, you might end up on a site trying to lure your personal details through fake surveys or infect your device with malware through drive-by download technique.
Therefore, Top-captcharesolver.com pop-up removal is of utmost importance. Unfortunately, no program can help you to remove extensions from a browser. You will have to do it yourself. But you can easily accomplish it with our illustrated instructions shown below.
If your favorite browser is Google Chrome or any other Chromium-based app, please use these instructions to remove untrustworthy extensions:
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Android devices are also vulnerable to push notification viruses. The only difference is that they will fill your whole screen with catchy headlines and misleading ads that will also redirect to untrustworthy websites. To remove Top-captcharesolver.com notifications from your Chrome browser on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
You could also receive Top-captcharesolver.com pop-ups when you've visited the treacherous site and accepted its notifications. Such extensions can be added to practically any browser. Therefore, if your preferred browser is Mozilla Firefox, please follow these step by step instructions to remove questionable notifications:
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
Neither Mac devices nor their default browser Safari is safe from push notification viruses. After removing potentially unwanted programs causing redirects to various questionable websites, please follow these instructions to eliminate deceitful notifications:
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
And last but not least – we're going to show you how to remove Top-captcharesolver.com notifications from MS Edge browsers. Please proceed with the guide below, and your computer will be ad-free in no time:
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
Getting the device's overall health back to the pre-contamination phase
Adware and push notifications can leave a lot of traces on your device. For example, tracking cookies that store your browsing-related data. These entries and possible system file alterations need to be fixed. Thus after eliminating potentially unwanted programs and removing Top-captcharesolver.com pop-ups, you have to run system diagnostics.
The RestoroIntego repair tool not only takes care of tracking cookies it also repairs corrupted system files, so your device doesn't crash, freeze, or exhibit any other abnormal behavior. Therefore, we and other cybersecurity-community experts, highly recommend using it. This is all you need to do:
- Download the application by clicking on the link above
- Click on the ReimageRepair.exe
- If User Account Control (UAC) shows up, select Yes
- Press Install and wait till the program finishes the installation process
- The analysis of your machine will begin immediately
- Once complete, check the results – they will be listed in the Summary
- You can now click on each of the issues and fix them manually
- If you see many problems that you find difficult to fix, we recommend you purchase the license and fix them automatically.
By using this program at least once a week, you can forget about system irregularities and odd behavior. Your device will run as it was just delivered to you from the manufacturer. In case you have any other questions about Top-captcharesolver.com pop-ups, their removal, or any other issues, please feel free to contact our staff. We'll be more than happy to assist you.
How to prevent from getting adware
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.
- ^ Potentially unwanted program. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.
- ^ Lucian Constantin. What is adware? How it works and how to protect against it. Csoonline. Security news, features and analysis.
- ^ DieViren. Dieviren. Spyware news and security.