Reasons to use a different search engine instead of Topsocialhubsearch.com
You can get infected with Topsocialhubsearch.com virus after recklessly installing some free programs on your computer. This potentially unwanted program (PUP) changes browser settings and adds Topsocialhubsearch.com URL as default Home page address, New Tab page and also sets this URL as default in “Default Search” settings. Such modifications make the browser launch this URL frequently and convince the user to use the search engine that is provided by it. We want to warn curious computer users that the indicated search tool provides search results filled with controversial ads that lead to affiliate sites that can be filled with questionable content or provide suspicious free downloads. Additionally, you might come across sites that advertise bogus software updates or ask to join suspicious online communities by registering and providing personal information to never-seen-before sites. If you do not want to infect your computer by installing a deceptive file accidentally, please do not wander through sites that Topsocialhubsearch.com redirect virus forces you to visit. We do not say that each search result powered by the discussed search engine is likely to cause danger to your computer system; however, chances that these sites can be disappointing are quite high.
Questions about Topsocialhubsearch.com virus
How to avoid this browser hijacker?
It is easy to avoid Topsocialhubsearch.com hijack. You can stop potentially unwanted programs before they enter your computer, but you just have to know what steps to take. Firstly, we advise you to download programs only from secure and trustworthy websites. Secondly, you should install every program you download with caution. Do not rush and select proper settings for the installation, or you will notice suspicious new programs appearing on your PC. No matter that you have downloaded a program that is, for example, called “Game.” Such program can include several additional applications, and you need to reject them by going to Advanced/Custom installation settings and deselecting ticks next to agreements to install various “recommended downloads.” Please bear in mind that installation settings marked as “recommended” typically do not provide the possibility to adjust components of your downloaded software package. Therefore, you should avoid choosing these settings when installing new programs.
Ways to remove Topsocialhubsearch.com browser hijacker
There are two different ways to remove Topsocialhubsearch.com virus. First of all, you can try to uninstall it on your own by following instructions given below. If you cannot understand them, feel free to contact our support team – we will shortly answer your questions. However, we strongly recommend cleaning remains of Top Social Hub hijacker with the anti-spyware tool. It can complete Topsocialhubsearch.com removal and allow you to do whatever you wish to do while it cleans your computer from spyware and malware. However, not all anti-spyware programs can be trusted. Therefore, we present trustworthy and powerful anti-spyware tools:
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Topsocialhubsearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Erase Topsocialhubsearch.com from Windows systems
This browser hijacker can affect Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers only. Before you start looking for this hijacker’s components in your browsers, look through the system using instructions given below and remove all programs published by Imali Media. One of such programs should be called Top Social Hub – find it and uninstall it.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Topsocialhubsearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Topsocialhubsearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Topsocialhubsearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Uninstall Topsocialhubsearch.com from Mac OS X system
Look for apps published by Imali Media. Your primary target is Top Social Hub. If you cannot find any programs with this name, then look for Top Social Hub components in your web browsers.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Topsocialhubsearch.com from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Topsocialhubsearch.com-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Topsocialhubsearch.com, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Topsocialhubsearch.com and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Topsocialhubsearch.com-related entries.
Remove Topsocialhubsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Topsocialhubsearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Topsocialhubsearch.com removal.
Eliminate Topsocialhubsearch.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Topsocialhubsearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Topsocialhubsearch.com removal.
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.