AppleCare And Warranty is a scam that causes a fake popup promoting rogue tech support
AppleCare And Warranty is a fake pop-up claiming that the system is heavily infected. Additionally, the error seeks to trick its victims into calling the specific "support" number.
AppleCare And Warranty is a tech support scam which displays a fake alert message tricking people into thinking their system is highly affected. This fake message and its appearance are closely related to a potentially unwanted program, in fact, adware which is typically spread via bundling. Once inside the system, such program occupies web browsers and starts delivering pop-up ads, banners and such scams as this one. After convincing its victims into believing that they are seriously infected, AppleCare And Warranty virus suggests reaching for advanced tech experts via 1-888-621-0834 number. However, you shouldn't be dialing this number because these “technicians” are hackers who are seeking to steal users' personal information, swindle their money or install malware.
|Name||AppleCare And Warranty|
|Type||Tech support scam/a fake warning message|
|Sub-type||Potentially unwanted program|
|Similar to||Apple Support scam|
|Symptoms||Delivers fake alert messages, causes redirects, intrusive ads|
|main danger||Calling fake support team may lead to money or personal information loss or further malware damage|
|Elimination||Use ReimageIntego for eliminating fake warning messages|
AppleCare And Warranty virus has mostly been targeting Mac OS X users who have been interrupted by a message claiming that the system is infected. To fix the issue, scammers have been pushing their victims into dialing the provided 1-888-621-0834 number to contact certified technicians. Supposedly, they are the only ones capable of helping victims with malware removal and system issues.
Unfortunately, these claims are more than fake. In reality, you are dealing with scammers who are willing to trick you into falling for the money extortion. This alert has nothing to do with the Apple company and all these threats or issues are fake. The only threat on your device is the PUP that is causing the AppleCare And Warranty fake alert.
These messages may vary since the scam has been spreading for almost a year or so. However, the idea stays the same:
AppleCare and warranty
Internet Security Damaged !!!
Call Help Desk at 1-888-621-0834
Suspicious activation detected on, your IP address due to harmful virus installed in your computer.
This virus can also damage the firewall security which can result in data loss or hard drive crash.
Call immediately on the number provided, to rectify the issue.
We have disabled your computer to stop further damages to your computer. Do not restart your computer or shutdown. It may result in data loss. Please call us immediately to fix your security and to update the service agents of your computer software.
MAC Has Detected a Malicious Virus On Your System
Do Not Shutdown Or Restart Your Computer
Contact Our Certified MAC Technicians For Immediate Assistance.
Adware which is hiding behind AppleCare and Warranty pop-up can misuse system resources for various background activities, and, in this way, cause poor performance of the device. Also, adware-type programs like this gather various information about your online activity, browsing preferences and even location, IP address. This means that the fake security error message targeting devices with the Mac operating system is not the only security-related issue you need to worry about.
Often, when a victim calls the provided number, suspicious people on the other side of the phone encourage him or her to provide them the remote access to the device. Once they gain this access, they can try to install malware, change system settings, steal your personal data or other information from the computer.
AppleCare And Warranty pop-up - a virus which can be removed by using anti-malware tools or performing the elimination manually.
To protect yourself, remove AppleCare And Warranty virus and other related programs or files that are considered malicious. Otherwise, you can not only be left with useless services causing the money loss each month. You can also end up with more potentially unwanted programs or even malware on your computer. Beware that “Mac technicians” who are hiding behind this scam can trick you into installing any “recommended” software they want.
This so-called malware removal may cost you a lot of money, so researchers are not advising to contact any support number from the pop-up or suspicious website. You need to perform an AppleCare And Warranty removal instead. Use anti-malware programs like ReimageIntego for the job. This tool helps to end all the processes that may be running in the background and remove all malware-related programs or files.
AppleCare And Warranty is a scam that gets on your device in a form of adware. Typically, such PUPs are spread together with insecure freeware or shareware.
A new Apple Support scam has been tricking users
Apple Support scam, also known as Please Call Apple Support scam, is just another potentially unwanted program which has a purpose to trick gullible users. This type of program is also making attempts against Mac users by providing fake alerts about dubious Mac infections. Apple Support virus announces about numerous threats found in the Mac OS and tries to convince users to call via 1-877-695-0922 phone number to solve the problem.
Be aware as this is a way to trick naive users into calling the developers of this program. Such activity brings the owners sometimes great revenue if the user is convinced to pay for the fake help. Have in mind that all errors that are produced by Apple Support scam are fake and created only for negative beneficial reasons. If you want to check your computer system, you should get a reliable antivirus and perform a scan with this software.
If you ever encounter Apple Support scam, be careful and do not fall for its tricks. Nevertheless, as a potentially unwanted program, it has other negative features like browsing-related data collecting or even displaying numerous intrusive advertisements. This type of activity can also bring revenue for the developers as gathered information is often shared with third parties and ads are used to gain income from the pay-per-click method.
Software bundling is used for spreading PUPs
This potentially unwanted program can install additional applications that may appear running in the background. But the program itself is installed silently too, with the help of software bundling. Virus developers and software providers use this technique that allows them to pack various products together. Later on, unwanted programs can be installed on your computer without permission or your knowledge.
However, if you choose Advanced or Custom options during the freeware installation process, you can avoid these cyber infections. This step is allowing you to see the full list of bundled programs and de-select additional pieces that you don't want. This is an easy step, which you need to repeat each time you get programs or applications from the internet, from now on.
Moreover, for further and stronger computer protection we advise installing a reliable and expert-tested antivirus program. Such computer security software will protect your computer system from various threats and detect any infections possible. However, make sure that you regularly perform all recommended updates. This is necessary for the security tool to function properly.
Anti-malware tools are required in AppleCare And Warranty elimination
To remove AppleCare And Warranty virus from your device, you should use trustworthy anti-malware. Since this is a cyber infection that can easily install other threats without a warning, a full system scan is essential. The only way to detect all possible intruders is by doing a system scan and malware removal. Anti-malware programs can identify various types of malware and corrupted or malicious files, even system vulnerabilities.
A manual AppleCare And Warranty removal requires specific knowledge, so using anti-malware tools can help you save some time. Programs that were selected by our experts will fix your system, clean malicious components and improve the overall state of the computer. However, you can feel free to use any antivirus tool of your own.
If you still want to eliminate the virus damage manually, you will need to take careful actions on your own and pay all of your attention while proceeding with the cyber threat deletion. We have provided manual elimination instructions below this text which should help you get rid of the scam and all unwanted components.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove AppleCare And Warranty, follow these steps:
Uninstall AppleCare And Warranty from Mac OS X system
Get rid of the scam from Mac OS X by following the steps:
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove AppleCare And Warranty from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for AppleCare And Warranty-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove AppleCare And Warranty, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to AppleCare And Warranty and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the AppleCare And Warranty-related entries.
Eliminate AppleCare And Warranty from Google Chrome
This is a guide that helps to remove adware from Google Chrome:
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to AppleCare And Warranty by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the AppleCare And Warranty-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete AppleCare And Warranty removal.
Erase AppleCare And Warranty from Safari
You can remove AppleCare And Warranty fake pop-up from your browser if you follow this guide:
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension related to AppleCare And Warranty and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
Remove AppleCare And Warranty from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for AppleCare And Warranty and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete AppleCare And Warranty removal.
Delete AppleCare And Warranty from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to AppleCare And Warranty and click Remove.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
In case AppleCare And Warranty did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete AppleCare And Warranty removal.
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.