Buump.me is mostly classified a potentially unwanted program or adware. That's because it infiltrates computers without a clear permission asked in a bundle with other applications. After that, it also modifies certain system settings and starts its annoying routine, which is based on constant redirections to unknown websites. The clearest sign, showing that you have a deal with Buump.me, is continuous redirections on the browser, commercial pop-up ads and system slow downs. You should never ignore them because they may trick you to visit really malicious website. Some users think that, just like any other search engine, Buump.me can be used just like Google, Bing or other search site. However, note that it may return for you altered search results that show related websites in the first positions. In order to receive proper search results, we recommend eliminating Buump.me from computer and relying on Google, Yahoo, bing and other search site.
HOW CAN Buump.me INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
As we have already mentioned, Buump.me can show up on computer out of nowhere. That's because it can be downloaded in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In fact, such distribution method has become a seriously popular way to make people download potentially unwanted software. For avoiding it, you have to start keeping an eye on freeware's installation process and always check the list of its 'additional downloads'. If you agreed to download Buump.me on your computer, there is a huge chance that now you see it instead of your start page and default search engine.
HOW TO REMOVE Buump.me FROM THE SYSTEM?
In order to remove Buump.me from the system, we recommend using this guide:
- Uninstall Search Page via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Buump.me and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Buump.me add-on from IE, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Buump.me and other entries that may be unknown for you.
Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Buump.me and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Buump.me and other unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.