What is FBI PayPal virus?
FBI PayPal virus is a sneaky cyber threat, which belongs to the ‘ransomware’ category. Just like FBI virus, this threat presents itself as a legitimate message from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. However, FBI has nothing to do with this scam alert, which in reality belongs to scammers. In order to look more trustworthy, this virus shows victim’s IP address, location, hacks computer’s webcam and shows what’s happening in the room. Additionally, it reports about various law violations and asks to pay the fine in order to remove the lock and avoid more serious consequences. As you can see, the main reason, why this threat has been invented, is the money, which is asked in a form of fine. Previous versions of FBI virus have been asking to pay this fine via Ukash, Paysafecard and Green Dot MoneyPak prepayment systems. However, now it seems that they have started using PayPal for their money transactions. Please, do NOT pay this fine because you haven’t done anything illegal! In order to unblock your computer, you should remove FBI PayPal virus from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH FBI PayPal virus?
Just like other ransomware viruses, FBI PayPal virus is distributed via hacked programs, such as freeware and shareware. Besides, spam or illegal sites may also be included to the distribution of this threat. As soon as it gets inside, this screen locker modifies the system and turns its target computer into a useless machine. Instead of getting on the Internet or launching your favorite programs, you will see only this huge alert that covers the entire PC’s desktop:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Your PC is blocked due at least one of the reasons specified below.
You have been violating Copyright and Related Rights Law. (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content, thus infringing Article 1, Section 2, Clause 8, also known as the Copyright of the Criminal Code of United States of America.
Article 1, Section 2, Clause 8 of the Criminal Code provides for a fine of 200 to 500 minimal wages or a deprivation of liberty for 2 to 8 years.
You have been viewing or distributing prohibited Pornographic content (Child Porn/Zoophilia and etc). Thus violating Article 2, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Criminal Code of United States of America.
Please, ignore this scam alert because it clearly seeks to mislead you into paying the fine. Firstly, paying the fine doesn’t help to unblock computer and forget about this infection. In addition, you should be aware that governmental authorities like this one apply other, more sophisticated methods, for punishing their criminals. In order to fix your computer, you should remove FBI PayPal virus without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE FBI PAYPAL VIRUS?
When trying to remove FBI Paypal virus, you have to unlock your computer first. In order to get an ability to scan your compromised computer with a decent anti-malware, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI Paypal virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with FBI PayPal virus are allowed to access other account on Windows. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select ‘Deny’: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual FBI Paypal virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to ‘Safe mode with command prompt’ to disable FBI Paypal virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego to remove remaining FBI Paypal virus files. You can also try scanning with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
* FBI Paypal virus removal from Android OS:
1. Reboot your Android device into Safe Mode:
- Find the power button and press it for a couple of seconds until you see a menu. Tap the Power off.
- Once you see a dialog window that offers you to reboot your Android to Safe Mode, select this option and OK.
If this failed to work for you, just turn off your device and then turn it on. Once it becomes active, try pressing and holding Menu, Volume Down, Volume Up or Volume Down and Volume Up together to see Safe Mode.
2. Uninstall malicious app (FBI virus may hide under BaDoink, Video Player, Network Driver System, Video Render, ScarePakage and other suspicious names):
- When in Safe Mode, go to Settings. Once there, click on Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device).
- Here, look for previously mentioned malicious app(s) and uninstall all of them.
If this failed, enter a random, 15 digit length, code of imaginary MoneyPak xpress Packed voucher that is asked by FBI android virus or follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> Security. Here, select Device administrators.
- Here, look for previously mentioned malicious app(s) and uncheck it
- In order to finish the removal of FBI Paypal virus, select Deactivate and OK.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.