ICE virus (also called as The Cyber Crimes Center virus) is a dangerous ransomware, which must be ignored and eliminated from each of its affected computers. You can distinguish this virus from a huge notification, which lists various crimes and requires to pay the fine of 400 dollars or other reasonable amount of money. Typically, ICE virus mentions the distribution of pornographic files, the use of copyrighted content and similar crimes. While it may seem that this is an official notification from a governmental organization, it's just a typical scam that must be avoided. In order to trick its target PC users, ICE virus starts its activity by blocking the whole system down while there is no such governmental organization that blocks PCs to collect their fines. The real owner of this cyber threat is a huge group of cyber criminals that use different versions of such viruses for trying to rip people off. You must remove ICE The Cyber Crimes Center virus without any delay.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH ICE virus?
ICE Cyber Crimes Center virus, just like Your computer has been blocked virus, is distributed via trojan horse. Mostly, users download this infection together with unofficial programs and their updates that are spread on illegal websites. Besides, misleading emails that also pretend to be sent by this official organization can easily let this trojan inside. Once it gets there, this dangerous threat blocks the whole system and downloads those files that are needed for ICE virus. SO, it can be said that ransomware takes its target PC a hostage and then replaces desktop's screen with a message that claims something like that:
The ICE Cyber Crime Center virus
Your computer has been blocked!
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the United States of America.
To unlock your computer and to avoid other legal consequences, you are obliged to pay a release fee of $400.
Please, ignore this alert because it's a huge scam that belongs to scammers. Additionally, remove this ransomware from your computer because it will continue holding your PC a hostage.
HOW CAN I REMOVE ICE VIRUS?
When trying to remove ICE virus, the biggest issue is to unblock the desktop. When trying to do that, we recommend several methods that are listed below:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with ICE virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual ICE virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes to remove remaining virus files.