IRS virus is a cyber threat which is spread through trustworthy-looking emails presented as an 'official notice from the government'. Looking like it is from the Internal Revenue Service, it tricks people to install a Trojan attachment which additionally infects computers with malware. As a result, within 5-10 minutes victims are completely disabled and can't do anything on their machine. In most of the cases, infected users need a real professional capable to help them remove IRS virus from the PC. Note that IRS virus is almost the most dangerous spam-delivered virus in the world right now.
HOW DOES IRS VIRUS ACT?
As soon as IRS virus is installed, it starts acting like a typical rogue anti-spyware and displays fake alerts and scanners saying that user is infected. In addition, in order to help him 'remove' those invented threats, it offers to purchase licensed version which, of course, is fake. Security experts also claim that the way how this software works is really damaging: user is left incapable to load his files or finds all its programs and icons hidden.
HOW CAN I REMOVE IRS VIRUS?
The reason why scammers have released IRS virus is the money. Keep in mind that IRS never contacts its taxpayers about their account over email, so if you receive such letter, you're looking at a scam. Twe highly recommend not to open attachments or click on links seemingly looking to come from the tax-collection agency. In addition, if you are looking a way how you can remove IRS virus, follow these steps:
1. Use another PC and download Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Update it first and then use the flash drive, cd, dvd or your smartphone to transfer it to your infected machine.
2. Boot your infected PC to safe mode.
3. Install SpyHunter
4. Turn off system restore (this will wipe out any infected restore points).
5. Run a full system scan with Spyhunter and all your regular antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
7. Reboot and turn on system restore.