MadBit ransomware (Virus Removal Instructions) - Quick Decryption Solution
MadBit virus Removal Guide
What is MadBit ransomware?
MadBit ransomware prevents you from accessing your files
MadBit virus is classified as a ransomware which encrypts files using AES algorithms and demands to pay the ransom. Victims receive the ransom note in the form of the madbit encryptor: Hello, you are encrypted! window which encourages to contact the criminals via email@example.com email as soon as possible.
MadBit ransom note states the following:
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool, that will decrypt all your files.
FREE DECRYPTION AS GUARANTEE
Before paying you can send to us up to 1 files for free decryption
Please note: that files must NOT contain valuable information and their total size must be less than 1Mb
The amount of the demanded payment for decryption of files with .enc extension supposedly varies from the time period during which the victim manages to get in touch with the crooks. MadBit developers insist on paying the ransom in Bitcoins to keep their anonymity.
MadBit ransomware appends .enc extension after encrypting the most important files.
Additionally, the victims of MadBit ransomware can send one file (less than 1 Mb) to check whether the decryptor actually works. However, it should not contain any valuable information, according to the cybercriminals. Even though it might seem the only option to trust the criminals, we do not recommend doing that.
You can either get tricked to pay even more for MadBit decryptor or do not receive it at all. Also, you should not trust the third-party tools which are offered as effective programs to deal with ransomware. They might be expensive and useless as well as designed to swindle money from gullible people.
Therefore, safely remove MadBit with RestoroIntego or another professional anti-malware software. Note that you will be able to recover files using backups stored in the cloud and other external devices. In case you do not have copies of your data, feel free to try alternative recovery methods which are listed at the end of this article.
Moreover, if you are unable to download the security software, you should check the guide below. It will explain how to disable the virus and complete MadBit removal successfully. However, make sure to follow it strictly.
Ransomware developers use deceptive techniques to spread the infections
While the distribution methods might seem different, they are all based on the reckless behavior of computer users. Criminals send obfuscate email letters or fake software updates which look legitimate and convincing. Likewise, many people make thoughtless decisions and end up manually installing malware.
Spam emails often are designed to impersonate well-known brands or companies to trick people into believing that it is legitimate. Usually, the letters hold an attachment with ransomware executable and encourage to click on it for further information. Once clicked, it enables the download of the file-encrypting virus.
Another distribution technique is similar to the latter one, just fake software updates are placed on file-sharing websites or promoted as pop-ups. Users are informed that they supposedly cannot see the whole content of the page or use the software since it needs an update like Adobe Flash Player. Unfortunately, this is merely an attempt to lure inexperienced computer users into downloading malware.
Remove MadBit virus now
The only way to complete MadBit removal without any complications is to employ a professional anti-malware software. You can use RestoroIntego, Malwarebytes, or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner. These are our top picks since they are easy to use for a regular computer user and powerful enough to deal with ransomware.
Also, according to BedyNet.ru experts, you might be blocked to download the security software. Likewise, follow the instructions below and they will help you to remove MadBit easily. Additionally, do not forget to check the list of recovery tools you can use after ransomware attack.
Getting rid of MadBit virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
Rebooting your computer to Safe Mode with Networking will help you to prevent ransomware from blocking the installation of the security software.
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove MadBit using System Restore
If you are still unable to get the antivirus tool, disable MadBit ransomware by booting your system into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of MadBit. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove MadBit from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by MadBit, you can use several methods to restore them:
Employ Data Recovery Pro to recover compromised data
You can get back the access to your files with the help of this professional tool. It is also useful when you accidentally delete important files.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by MadBit ransomware;
- Restore them.
Try Windows Previous Versions feature
You can recover files with .enc extension using this in-built Windows feature. However, make sure that the System Restore function has been enabled before ransomware attack.
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
ShadowExplorer can help you
To be able to use this tool you must first check if the Shadow Volume Copies are still present on your computer. If so, use the instructions below:
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
Unfortunately, there is no MadBit decryptor currently released
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from MadBit and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.
- ^ Margaret Rouse. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). TechTarget. Computer Glossary, Computer Terms.
- ^ Simon Usborne. Digital gold. Why hackers love Bitcoin. The Guardian. News, sport and opinion from the Guardian's US edition.
- ^ BedyNet. BedyNet. Security and Spyware News.