Maftask is the name of the process which is responsible for running Mac Auto Fixer
Maftask is a process which runs Mac Auto Fixer
Maftask is an executable that runs a questionable system tool Mac Auto Fixer. It can be found in this location: /Users/test/Library/Application Support/maf/maftask.app/Contents/MacOS/maftask and keep on forcing notifications from the rogue app to appear on your screen. We can say that Maftask virus is almost the same as Mac Auto Fixer as the suspicious optimization software could not be launched without this executable. Such content travels by using deceptive techniques and appears on the machine unknowingly. There is no reason for keeping the questionable system program as it does not fulfill its functions, so better get rid of it together with the executable. Some users have already been wondering how to get rid of the suspicious process, and we are here to help.
The program which is hiding behind Maftask is presented as a system optimization tool which detects various errors on Mac operating systems and helps to fix them if the user agrees to purchase the full version of the app. It is known that developers of such software release their tools for beneficial purposes only and the programs are often found worthless.
|Program type||System tool/Mac virus|
|Supported software||Mac Auto Fixer|
|Target||Mac OS X users|
|Distribution||Bundled software, outdated programs, infectious websites|
|Removal||Reimage can successfully deal with all suspicious content|
We recommend saving your money for more relevant products or services or using it on a reliable antivirus tool. In this case, if you have been experiencing bogus alerts from Maftask, the only way to stop them is by removing the rogue system tool together with this questionable process which is the source that the software is running from.
You can remove Maftask by using two popular techniques. The first one is called automatical elimination and does not require any of the user's effort. All he/she needs to do is download and install a reputable program such as Reimage and run it on the affected system. Once the scan is finished, the anti-malware will start cleaning the computer from threats.
Furthermore, Maftask removal might be carried out by using the manual step-by-step guide that has been provided and fully explained at the bottom of this page. Here you will find instructions for cleaning your Mac OS X an also refreshing your web browser applications if some adware content has been hidden there also.
Maftask is a process which you will find if you have the Mac Auto Fixer app installed on your system. To remove the rogue executable and questionable optimization software properly, you will also need to get rid of these files:
/Applications/Mac Auto Fixer.app
/Volumes/MacAutoFixer/.hlpr/Mac Auto Fixer
~/Applications/Mac Auto Fixer.app
~/Library/Application Support/Mac Auto Fixer
~/Library/Logs/Mac Auto Fixer.log
~/Library/Mac Auto Fixer
Distribution techniques of potentially suspicious content
Technology experts from Virusai.lt claim that suspicious programs and their additional components infiltrate systems through various different sources. However, the most popular distribution techniques are bundled software, unprotected domains, infectious hyperlinks or third-party advertisements. You can prevent the installation of ad-supported programs and other questionable content by following this guide:
- Always have reputable antivirus protection running on your machine. Also, make sure that your software includes a safe browsing feature that will stop you every time you try to enter a suspicious domain.
- Do not use third-party downloaders or installers. Always download your programs and products from trusted providers and use the Custom configuration mode to track all incoming software.
- Avoid entering suspicious websites. If you ever see a page that looks suspicious to you, do not risk your computer's safety by entering that page as you might get infected with something more developed and dangerous than adware.
- Keep all of your programs updated. If you have any software or antivirus programs running on your system, make sure that you regularly perform all required updates, otherwise, the tools might contain errors which allow developers to infiltrate their potentially unwanted apps much easier.
Elimination guidelines for Maftask virus on Mac OS X and web browsers
As we have already said, Maftask is the name of the executable which is launching a rogue system optimization tool, known as Mac Auto Fixer. The termination of this process is necessary if you want to eliminate the system program from your machine and prevent it from bombarding false security alerts.
Maftask removal can be completed by using our below-given step-by-step guide that has been created to help users through the entire elimination process. These instructions include steps for cleaning Mac OS X and browser apps such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Also, you can easily and effectively remove Maftask virus by downloading and installing reliable anti-malware equipment. Once you launch this software on your system, it will initiate a full system scan, detect all potential threats, and start performing the removal. This way you will sure that all locations in your computer are clean of adware.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Maftask, follow these steps:
Uninstall Maftask from Mac OS X system
Terminate all adware-related processes from your infected Mac computer by using the below-provided helping instructions:
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Maftask or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of Maftask from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Maftask and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Maftask removal.
Erase Maftask from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Maftask and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Maftask removal.
Delete Maftask from Google Chrome
You can successfully clean Google Chrome from all questionable-looking objects. This action can be completed by using these simple guidelines:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Maftask and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Maftask removal.
Remove Maftask from Safari
All suspicious objects that you have not downloaded or all unexpected changes that you do not remember performing need to be permanently removed from Safari. Use these guidelines to achieve such goal:
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Maftask or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Maftask removal process.