Master PC Cleaner is not likely to speed up your Windows computer
Master PC Cleaner is a program that claims to speed up Windows computers and solve various issues by cleaning registry, add-ons, and managing startup. However, security experts agree that there’s no need to trust this program. It belongs to the group of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and wants to trick you into buying the license.
Computer users tend to call this program as a Master PC Cleaner virus because it is capable of entering the system silently and without asking direct permission. However, the program itself is NOT malicious. It cannot damage the system, as well as it cannot do any good for the computer too.
However, program’s distribution is a problem. This PC optimization tool is promoted in software packages and hidden under Quick/Recommended settings. Thus, if you download freeware and installed it using this setup, Master PC Cleaner may have sneaked inside as well.
Once inside, the program initiates system scans and delivers exaggerated results. It often detects hundreds of system issues and offers to repair them. However, the free version of Master PC Cleaner cannot help you. You will be asked to obtain the license.
However, neither other security experts nor we do not recommend grabbing your credit card and making the payment. This program is most likely to show misleading scan results in order to convince you that the computer needs to be fixed. However, letting this tool deleting registry entries, generally, might not be good. Master PC Cleaner, as well as other cleaners, might suggest to delete or modify important entries; thus they might cause more problems than good.
Though, if you feel the need to get a PC optimization software, please take our advice and do not get this one. If you already downloaded a free version of the program and thought about buying the license, let us stop you from wasting your money. Remove Master PC Cleaner and look up for a more reliable tool.
Additionally, if the program was installed in a software bundle, you should opt for the automatic Master PC Cleaner removal. This method requires scanning the system with Reimage or another security tool which will find and eliminate all suspicious components from the device entirely.
Incorrect freeware installation may lead to infiltration of unwanted apps
Master PC Cleaner is available on the official website, as well as other file-sharing sites. Thus, users can download it directly. However, the program is also noticed spreading as an optional component in various freeware or shareware packages. Therefore, users who do not pay proper attention to the installation process might unintentionally let this tool enter the system.
To avoid installation of this optimization tool and other PUPs, you should follow tips suggested by No Virus security team:
- Always install programs using Advanced/Custom setup instead of Quick/Recommended.
- Read the notifications in the installation wizard to make sure that you do not leave any pre-selected agreements to install extra components.
Uninstall Master PC Cleaner
You can remove Master PC Cleaner manually from any Windows computer. The program is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. Below you can find guidelines how to uninstall it from each version of the OS.
- Click Start and type Control Panel in the search box.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Find Master PC Cleaner in the list, click on it and choose Uninstall option.
- Click Yes to confirm uninstallation of the program in the appeared pop-up.
- Access Control Panel via Start.
- When in Control Panel, go to Programs and choose Uninstall a Program option.
- In the list find the program you want to uninstall, click on it and select Uninstall.
- In the appeared pop-up, click Yes to uninstall Master PC Cleaner.
Windows 7 and Vista:
- Click Start.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Programs and navigate to Uninstall a Program section.
- Find the program, right-click on it and choose Uninstall option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Find the Master PC Cleaner and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Uninstall option.
- When a pop-up message arrives, click Yes to confirm your decision to remove the program.
However, if the program was installed in a software bundle, we recommend opting for the automatic elimination option. For automatic Master PC Cleaner removal we suggest using one of these tools: Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.