MediaTab.TV is a browser hijacker that is not entirely safe to use
Questions about MediaTab.TV virus
Search.mediatab.tv is a deceptive search engine that appears as a start page of a hijacked browsers. Typically, browser hijackers infiltrate machines without permission and make modifications to Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or another browser. Soon after Mediatab.tv hijack, the affected browser starts to deliver intrusive ads, redirect to questionable websites, slow down the browser and collect various information about users.
|Danger Level||Low. Does not damage files directly. However, might expose users to dangerous content, including malware|
|Symtoms||Altered browser settings, excessive ads and redirects|
|Targeted Browsers||Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.|
|Elimination||Reimage can help you with quick Search.mediatab.tv deletion|
MediaTab.TV virus might look like appealing search engine granting you the access to video streaming networks (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu), music streaming platforms (Spotify) and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter). However, you might become highly disappointed after finding out that the promised improved functionality only brings frustration to your daily web browsing sessions.
You should not use this website because instead of reaching most relevant domains, you might end up in highly infected web pages. Moreover, the hijacker uses Plus network database for delivering you search targets. According to analysis, it is not a secure domain. Thus, before the hijacker entangles your operating system, remove MediaTab.TV virus right away. One of the programs which help to eliminate such PUPs is Reimage.
Since the PUP is a browser hijacker, the support of third-parties is vital for its existence. Therefore, Search.mediatab.tv developers employ various techniques to expose users to as much sponsored content as possible. This way, both of the parties generate revenue – one by promoting the content, another by increasing traffic or sales on less popular websites.
What is more, you might be bothered by MediaTab.TV redirect as well. While trying to access the required web page, several redirect pages may pop-up along with the primary one. They often happen to be gaming or advertising domains. Occasionally, you might get redirected to pornographic domains. Bear in mind that they might shelter viruses and other sorts of malware.
Additionally, using MediaTab.TV browser hijacker might be damaging to your operating system. Certain anti-virus programs provide the security plug-ins which inform you about the reliability of each website. Thus, this browser hijacker partially disables a security extension. Therefore, you are not able to identify which search target is safe and which is potentially malignant.
Therefore, do not keep this search engine on your device and hurry up with MediaTab.TV removal. You can opt for automatic elimination or check our guide below this article.
Ways to protect yourself from potentially unwanted programs
Most probably, the unwanted application targeted your computer when you were installing a free program form the internet. Due to the rush, you overlooked the add-on which disguised PUP infiltration. Therefore, it became a matter of time when the hijacker would settle on the computer.
Unfortunately, the majority of users commit the same mistake of skipping the installation instructions which further results in getting infected with unwanted programs and files. If you are interested in finding out prevention means against unwanted programs, follow these recommendations from zondervirus.nl security experts:
- Only download software from trusted sources and avoid third-party content
- Research the program you are about to install – there is plenty information on the internet
- Do NOT rush the installation, read through instructions carefully and do not press “Next” button without looking
- When prompted, do not pick “Recommended/Quick” settings. Instead, opt for “Advanced/Custom” mode
- In “Advanced/Custom” mode, remove any pre-ticked tick marks
MediaTab.TV removal options
Even if a browser hijacker might seem like a useful application that allows you to access your favorite websites instantly – do not get deceived. As we already discussed, the negative effects greatly outweigh the positive ones. Thus, use a legitimate search engine like Google.com or Yahoo.com and remove MediaTab.TV for good.
We offer you to run a system scan using an anti-spyware program. It will remove MediaTab.TV completely in a blink of an eye. The security application will also ensure that no threats remain on your computer.
Additionally, you can get rid of the hijacker manually. Precision and attention are required for permanent Search.mediatab.tv removal. Nevertheless, we prepared a detailed guide that can aid you in elimination process – you will find it below.
You can remove MediaTab.TV automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual MediaTab.TV virus Removal Guide:
Uninstall MediaTab.TV from Windows systems
If you want to eliminate MediaTab.TV from Windows OS, follow these instructions:
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall MediaTab.TV and related programs
Here, look for MediaTab.TV or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove MediaTab.TV from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove MediaTab.TV from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for MediaTab.TV and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete MediaTab.TV removal.
Get rid of MediaTab.TV from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select MediaTab.TV and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete MediaTab.TV removal.
Erase MediaTab.TV from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select MediaTab.TV and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete MediaTab.TV removal.
Uninstall MediaTab.TV from Safari
Do not forget to reset your Safari settings to default after full PUP uninstallation:
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for MediaTab.TV or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by MediaTab.TV, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete MediaTab.TV removal process.