Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus Removal Guide
What is Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus?
General information about Search.funmovietabsearch.com
If your homepage has been replaced without your consent, do not start thinking that your computer has been severely compromised. If the homepage value has been set to Search.funmovietabsearch.com, it means that your PC has been affected by Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus, which belongs to spyware, but not malware category. This suspicious application can slow your computer down and also negatively impact Internet’s speed. Besides, this web page presents a regular looking search engine, and it is important not to use it; otherwise you might encounter curious case of Search.funmovietabsearch.com redirect issue. It appears that this search engine integrates sponsored third-party links within its search results. You might think that there is nothing wrong with that; however, you can be greatly surprised to find out where such sponsored search results can lead you to. When using such unknown and suspicious search engines, you risk being redirected to high-risk websites. Of course, we cannot state that every single link provided by this search engine is dangerous, but still, you should be careful.
If you seek to keep your computer safe and sound, try to avoid visiting websites filled with flashy ads, download buttons, offers to win a million in some suspicious lottery, and other too-good-to-be-true offers. Clicking on these ads or revealing information on sites accessible via them can lead to various problems, for instance, infiltration of malware, data leakage, etc. Therefore, we recommend you to stay cautious while browsing through insecure web pages. If you do not like the indicated search engine and if you would like to change your homepage address with google.com or similar URL, you should remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com hijacker first. The easiest way to do it is to check your system with RestoroIntego or a similar spyware removal tool.
Methods of distribution
In order to prevent Search.funmovietabsearch.com hijack in the future, you should learn how such PUPs spread. Typically, they spread together with other free programs, and can be rejected during their installation procedure. Therefore, when you open software’s installation wizard, we recommend you to be very careful and pay close attention to every piece of information that installer provides. The most important thing is to alter installation setup by changing its settings. Instead of choosing Default or Standard settings, opt for Advanced or Custom ones. These settings will allow you to modify and decompose the software pack. Just deselect unknown and unwanted suggested programs and finish the installation then.
You can also download this program from funmovietab(dot)com, a website that promotes Fun Movie Tab extension. It appears that this browser hijacker is compatible with Google Chrome browser only. If your browser has been affected, follow instructions provided below to carry out Search.funmovietabsearch.com removal.
Instructions on how to uninstall Search.funmovietabsearch.com
You must remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus if you wish to restore previous browser settings and be able to change your homepage again. Choose how you want to uninstall this browser hijacker – you can install anti-spyware software and scan your PC with it to detect all components related to spyware and malware and eliminate them from the computer system. Alternatively, you can try to find these components by yourself. However, make sure you are experienced enough for this; otherwise, you can unintentionally delete essential system files or files that belong to other software. Deleting wrong files can cause system malfunctions and make error messages appear. To prevent such issues, we recommend choosing automatic Search.funmovietabsearch.com removal method.
You may remove virus damage with a help of RestoroIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete from macOS
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Remove from Google Chrome
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.funmovietabsearch.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting stealing programs
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.