General information about Search.funmovietabsearch.com
If your homepage has been replaced without your consent, do not start thinking that your computer has been severely compromised. If the homepage value has been set to Search.funmovietabsearch.com, it means that your PC has been affected by Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus, which belongs to spyware, but not malware category. This suspicious application can slow your computer down and also negatively impact Internet’s speed. Besides, this web page presents a regular looking search engine, and it is important not to use it; otherwise you might encounter curious case of Search.funmovietabsearch.com redirect issue. It appears that this search engine integrates sponsored third-party links within its search results. You might think that there is nothing wrong with that; however, you can be greatly surprised to find out where such sponsored search results can lead you to. When using such unknown and suspicious search engines, you risk being redirected to high-risk websites. Of course, we cannot state that every single link provided by this search engine is dangerous, but still, you should be careful.
If you seek to keep your computer safe and sound, try to avoid visiting websites filled with flashy ads, download buttons, offers to win a million in some suspicious lottery, and other too-good-to-be-true offers. Clicking on these ads or revealing information on sites accessible via them can lead to various problems, for instance, infiltration of malware, data leakage, etc. Therefore, we recommend you to stay cautious while browsing through insecure web pages. If you do not like the indicated search engine and if you would like to change your homepage address with google.com or similar URL, you should remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com hijacker first. The easiest way to do it is to check your system with ReimageIntego or a similar spyware removal tool.
Methods of distribution
Questions about Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus
In order to prevent Search.funmovietabsearch.com hijack in the future, you should learn how such PUPs spread. Typically, they spread together with other free programs, and can be rejected during their installation procedure. Therefore, when you open software’s installation wizard, we recommend you to be very careful and pay close attention to every piece of information that installer provides. The most important thing is to alter installation setup by changing its settings. Instead of choosing Default or Standard settings, opt for Advanced or Custom ones. These settings will allow you to modify and decompose the software pack. Just deselect unknown and unwanted suggested programs and finish the installation then.
You can also download this program from funmovietab(dot)com, a website that promotes Fun Movie Tab extension. It appears that this browser hijacker is compatible with Google Chrome browser only. If your browser has been affected, follow instructions provided below to carry out Search.funmovietabsearch.com removal.
Instructions on how to uninstall Search.funmovietabsearch.com
You must remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus if you wish to restore previous browser settings and be able to change your homepage again. Choose how you want to uninstall this browser hijacker – you can install anti-spyware software and scan your PC with it to detect all components related to spyware and malware and eliminate them from the computer system. Alternatively, you can try to find these components by yourself. However, make sure you are experienced enough for this; otherwise, you can unintentionally delete essential system files or files that belong to other software. Deleting wrong files can cause system malfunctions and make error messages appear. To prevent such issues, we recommend choosing automatic Search.funmovietabsearch.com removal method.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Delete Search.funmovietabsearch.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.funmovietabsearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.funmovietabsearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com from Mac OS X system
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.funmovietabsearch.com-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.funmovietabsearch.com, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.funmovietabsearch.com and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.funmovietabsearch.com-related entries.
Uninstall Search.funmovietabsearch.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.funmovietabsearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.funmovietabsearch.com removal.
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.