SideCubes Search (also known as Search.sidecubes.com) is a potentially unwanted program that is also categorized as browser hijacker. This questionable plug-in promises many improvements, such as connection to search bar, an easy content sharing option and other features. However, once SideCubes enters your computer, it may also initiate various unwanted system changes. If you noticed that your home page and your default search engine were changed to search.sidecubes.com, that's what we are talking about. In addition to that, it may flood you with tons of advertisements and return for you altered search results that are filled with links leading you to related websites. By redirecting internet users to predetermined websites, this hijacker seeks only to make the money from advertising.
How can Search.sidecubes.com hijack my computer?
Search.sidecubes.com virus is mostly spread with a help of a very unfair distribution method that is called bundling. Therefore, don't be surprised after noticing this site on your browser right after installing a questionable free program. In fact, we have managed to detect a related program, which is used to transmit Search.sidecubes.com virus to people's computers and that program is called SideCubes Toolbar. However, you should also be careful when installing any other freeware because there are hundreds of other apps that may be related to this hijacker. If your computer is unprotected and you do not have a security program installed on it, you should closely check every single program that you need to install. Read end-user license agreement section before any doubtful installation. Moreover, don't rush the installation; select advanced or custom installation method and closely follow the entire progress one step at a time.
How to remove Search.sidecubes.com from my computer?
If you noticed Search.sidecubes.com redirects, it means that this hijacker has affected your PC. Don't worry because such infiltrations are very common. You can remove this redirect virus from your computer with a help of this tutorial:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Search.sidecubes.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SideCubes Toolbar, SupTab, WPM18.104.22.16859, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for SideCubes Toolbar, etc., and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Search.sidecubes.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select SideCubes Toolbar, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Search.sidecubes.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, SideCubes Toolbar, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Search.sidecubes.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.