Smart Internet Protection 2011 is a rogue anti-spyware program from the same family as Personal Internet Security 2011. This rogue program deliberately displays fake alerts and uses scare tactics to make you think your computer is infected with malware. That’s why Smart Internet Protection 2011 is classified as a rogue anti-spyware program. The rogue program is promoted through the use of fake scanners and other malware stating that your computer has a security risk or that your private information can be stolen. After the fake scan these rogue scanners display a screen stating that your computer is infected with numerous viruses and that you should download and install Smart Internet Protection 2011 in order to remove the infections from your computer. If you have this rogue program on your computer please use the removal instructions below to remove it manually for free or with an automatic removal tool upon detection.
Smart Internet Protection 2011 isconfigured to start automatically when you login to Windows. When running, will scan your computer and display numerous infections that cannot be removed unless you first purchase the program. These infections are all fake and are only being shown to scare you into into purchasing the bogus software. Furthermore, Smart Internet Protection 2011 will display fake security alerts on your computer containing fake information to further convince you that your computer has some serious security and privacy issues. Smart Internet Protection 2011 will also hijack Internet Explorer and other web browsers to protect itself from being removed using legitimate anti-spyware programs. It may block other legitimate programs on your computer too. As you can see, Smart Internet Protection 2011 is nothing more but a scam. It uses misleading methods to trick users into purchasing useless software. Do not purchase it; otherwise you will lose your money and give your credit card details to scammers. In order to remove Smart Internet Protection 2011, please use the removal instructions below.
1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8” key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option as shown in the image below, and then press ENTER.
2. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
3. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.
4. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
5. Download an automatic removal tool from this page and run a full system scan. Or download it form alternative location.