Xtrasuper3.xyz ads (scam) - Free Instructions
Xtrasuper3.xyz ads Removal Guide
What is Xtrasuper3.xyz ads?
Xtrasuper3.xyz is a malicious website designed to trick people
Xtrasuper3.xyz might redirect you to other malicious sites
Xtrasuper3.xyz is yet another push notification scam site users encounter accidentally while browsing the web. In most cases, the encounter is relatively brief, and due to lack of activity, people forget about it very soon. They are soon reminded of the URL after they start seeing suspicious pop-ups showing op at the top or bottom corner of their screens. They don't get triggered by user actions, which makes them baffled about this unusual phenomenon.
The truth is, if you see Xtrasuper3.xyz ads, you must have enabled push notifications from the site. You have been shown a fake message and a background picture, which might have made a lot of sense at the time. If you have clicked the “Allow” button within the notification prompt, you were a victim of a scam, which enabled the site to send you ads.
|Type||Push notifications, ads, scam, pop-ups|
|Distribution||The entry point is via the notification prompt – after users press the “Allow” button|
|Symptoms||Pop-ups show up on a regular basis on the screen – these ads often include inappropriate, scam, phishing, or other similar content|
|Risks||Various security problems due to exposure to scams, monetary losses, system infections, etc.|
|Removal||Access browser settings to stop intrusive push notifications. After that, make sure that your system is not infected with adware or malware – scan it with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner|
|Other tips||Make sure you clean your browsers after you delete PUPs from the system. To do that automatically, you can use RestoroIntego|
Push notification scams are one of the most common online fraud types you could encounter while browsing the web. Just recently, we have covered News-ropaki.cc, Notificationsworld.com, and Gate40.xyz, fake websites that operate in the exact same manner. In this instance, we are talking about the newest addition to the bunch – Xtrasuper3.xyz.
Phishing content online
It is true that the internet has become a much more safe place in comparison to what it used to be twenty years ago, thanks to various security regulations that were implemented over time. However, it is still very vast, and it is impossible to moderate it fully. That's why fraudulent online content is still something regular users have to deal with sometimes.
Social engineering and phishing are one of the most common tactics used by cybercriminals for various malicious purposes. For example, spoofing websites are created to look exactly the same as their original counterparts, with an URL that is very similar to the original. Without paying too much attention, users might give away their account details to crooks.
The incentive of online fraud is mostly financial benefits. Hackers and fraudsters can acquire revenue in various ways, although advertising is the most common method. Ransomware, for example, can be used to extort money from users directly after it locks all personal files on the computer.
Push notification scam techniques
Among all the scams in the wild, push notification scams are extremely prevalent, although not as dangerous as tech support ones, for example. They should not be dismissed, despite being relatively less malicious.
In order for ta push notification scam to succeed, crooks create fake websites online, for example, Xtrasuper3.xyz. Users then happen to access them after being redirected from somewhere else (clicking a fake link on a high-risk website is the most likely cause) or when adware is running in the background of their machines.
Unexpected messages can be easily misinterpreted by visitors, and doing what crooks are asking for might make sense. These are a few scam message examples you might face after entering the Xtrasuper3.xyz or another similar site:
- Click “Allow” to win a prize and get it in our shop!
- Press “Allow” to verify, that you are not a robot
- Can't play this video! Perhaps your browser doesn't allow video playback. Please click the Allow button to watch the video
- Click “Allow” to start downloading
- Please tap Allow to continue, etc.
Xtrasuper3.xyz tricks users by showing fake messages and then shows ads using push notifications API
As soon as the “Allow” button is pressed, users are forwarded to other suspicious websites, and the promised video or other content is nowhere to be found. Confused, users typically forget about this incident, only to later find out that their desktops are being filled with strange pop-ups.
Remove Xtrasuper3.xyz ads easily
While many might believe that a virus infection causes push notifications, it is not the case. While redirects to unsafe websites might indeed be caused by adware, push notifications can only be stopped by blocking the website from sending you information – this can be achieved by accessing browser settings.
Before you proceed, we recommend you perform a full system scan with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes security software and then clean your system and browsers with RestoroIntego. This would ensure that all the malware and most aggressive adware is eliminated from your computer, and the virus damage is corrected automatically.
To stop Xtrasuper3.xyz ads, you should access browser settings and perform the following steps:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android)
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off position).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Internet options and go to the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate the web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
How to prevent from getting adware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.
- ^ Social Engineering. Imperva. Application and data security.
- ^ Ransomware. Imperva. Application and data protection.
- ^ Adware. Investopedia. Source of financial content on the web.