Your-download-now.com ads Removal Guide
What is Your-download-now.com ads?
Your-download-now.com is a suspicious website that tries to make you download potentially unwanted programs
Your-download-now.com is an insecure website that shows misleading messages
If you have noticed that your browser started redirecting you to Your-download-now.com and similar suspicious websites, there might be adware installed on your computer. Adware is a type of potentially unwanted software that most users would not install intentionally if they would know the full scale of its operations. However, since it commonly spreads via software bundles or deceptive ads, people seem to believe that PUPs appear on their systems seemingly out of nowhere. It is not the case – adware is always installed by users themselves, even if it was done inadvertently.
Your-download-now.com is a rogue website that was created for one purpose – to make people download potentially unwanted software which, once installed, would change the settings of the browser and start redirecting to more suspicious websites. Likewise, browser hijackers are known to secretly track user data and insert promotional links into search results, along with changing the search provider to an alternative one, such as Yahoo or Bing.
If you have been tricked by the scam, you should not worry too much and simply follow a detailed guide that would show you ways to uninstall unwanted programs and malware easily. Additionally, we will also show how to clean web browsers accordingly in order to avoid unwanted data tracking by third parties.
|Type||Adware, redirect virus|
|Distribution||Software bundles, third-party websites, malicious ads|
|Dangers||Redirects to malicious websites can result in unwanted site notifications, personal information disclosure to unknown parties (cybercriminals), monetary losses, installation of other potentially unwanted programs/malware|
|Removal||You can uninstall potentially unwanted applications by following our manual guide below, although we strongly recommend performing a full system scan with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner security software to ensure all threats are eliminated automatically|
|Further steps||Malware or adware infections can diminish the performance of your computer or cause serious stability issues. Use ReimageIntego to remediate your device and ensure that the virus damage is fixed|
How you end up on malicious websites
Most users would not intentionally visit websites that are considered malicious, putting their online safety and computer security at risk. Therefore, in most cases, they end up on websites like Your-download-now.com by accident. For example, there is plenty of fake links on various insecure websites, mostly illegal video streaming, torrents, and similar sites. Fake “Download” links made many people install not only PUPs but also malware on their systems without realizing it.
Likewise, torrent files are commonly used by crooks to spread all sorts of dangerous malware, including ransomware. One of the most widespread strains of ransomware, known as Djvu, spreads exclusively via software cracks and is extremely successful at infecting hundreds of users each day.
The biggest problem with crack sites is that users do not trust their security software when it flags a keygen or similar tool as malicious. They simply think it's a false positive and disable the protection, executing the malicious file in the meantime, which begins the infection process immediately.
Thus, not only might you end up on scam websites when visiting high-risk places, but you might also infect your system with dangerous threats. To protect your system as best as you can, actively avoid illegal software installer distributors and similar illegal sites.
Alternatively, the redirects could be a sign of adware infection, as those affected are more likely to encounter phishing, scam, malware-laden or similar insecure sites. This happens because adware creators only care about profits they can get from displayed ads, hence they do not check for the security level of the advertisement networks properly.
If you have suspicions that your device is affected by adware or malware, proceed with the steps we provide below in order to get rid of it properly.
Your-download-now.com promotes potentially dangerous browser extensions
How to deal with unwanted redirects
Removal of potentially unwanted applications can be easily accomplished when it is clear which app is causing Your-download-now.com redirects. For example, if you have recently installed some application from a third-party website and the intrusive behavior began, you should immediately uninstall it.
However, in most cases, users begin to notice suspicious pop-ups, redirects, banners, coupons, and other suspicious browser behavior seemingly out of nowhere. This is more common for users who install apps
1. Uninstall unwanted programs from the system
Adware can be commonly installed on the system level. Usually, these programs disguise themselves as media players, file converters, system optimizers, and similar software. Also, it could be that the app might not even have any description or icon attached to it, as some PUPs are poorly made or incomplete.
In Windows, you need to access the Control Panel and look through all the installed programs.
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till the uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
2. Get rid of extensions and clean browsers
Adware is most commonly spread as a browser extension, as it incorporates enough functionality to be effective for its creators. They are really easy to make and are often rebranded under different names to avoid security software detection or a bad reputation. Unfortunately, extensions are only recognized by security software when they possess really harmful traits (e.g., generating traffic in the background or allowing man-in-the-middle attacks).
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the window's top-right).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select the unwanted plugin and click Remove.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Open Edge and click select Settings > Extensions.
- Delete unwanted extensions by clicking Remove.
MS Edge (legacy)
- Select Menu (three horizontal dots at the top-right of the browser window) and pick Extensions.
- From the list, pick the extension and click on the Gear icon.
- Click on Uninstall at the bottom.
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and select Uninstall.
Potentially unwanted applications might be carrying out various functions on your device. For instance, cookies are often used to track users' online behavior, and this data can then help third parties target ads more specifically with product offerings based on what they know about you already from other sources. To prevent continuous data tracking, you should clean your browsers thoroughly.
Therefore, after you get rid of the unwanted apps and malware, you should delete web data and other leftover files from your browsers. This job can be done much easier with software like ReimageIntego, which can also fix any damage that could have been caused to your system files while the malware was active. Otherwise, proceed with the following steps:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Click on Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, pick Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, pick All time.
- Select Clear now.
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
3. Scan with anti-malware
This next step is particularly important for those who downloaded and installed something from Your-download-now.com or another similar website. Crooks often create fake scenarios where users are convinced that installation of some type of application is beneficial or even necessary.
Likewise, the most aggressive adware and some other potentially unwanted software can be detected and removed by SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes, or another powerful security tool. Security software is also your first line of defense against Trojans, rootkits, ransomware, and other dangerous threats that would otherwise cause devastating consequences if successfully installed on the system.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.