What is Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014?
Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 is yet another rogue anti-spyware that, at the moment of writing, is actively spreading around. As its name suggests, it is specifically designed to hijack Windows 8 operating system, but it seems that if you are using Windows 7 or Vista you should not feel safe as well because there is a whole family of Zorton viruses that can easily infect all types of operating systems. The worst thing about this rogue is that it can not only trick you into buying its useless license, but can also hijack each of your web browsers, install other suspicious programs on your computer, start slowing down the system and steal your personally identifiable information. It is very important to realize that you should NEVER trust such security programs as this one. If your anti-virus program appeared on your computer out of nowhere, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware. Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 acts just like that, i.e. it infiltrates random computers and then tries to create an image of a reliable anti-spyware that is capable of performing a full system scan and then reporting about various viruses. Needless to say that this rogue runs a fake system scan that returns forged scan results. Of course, they may look really convincing as they may include actual computer threats like Virus.Boot-DOS.V.1526, Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Small.k, DoS.Win32.DieWar, and so on. Nevertheless, this list is not real. Please, keep in mind that Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 virus seeks only to trick you into buying its licensed version. Unfortunately, it is not capable of removing any kind of virus. So, you should better scan your computer with Reimage or other reliable anti-spyware and get rid of it right away.
How can Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 hijack my computer?
All rogue anti-spyware that belong to the Braviax family, including Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014, are typically distributed via fake pop-up alerts, trojans and spam. Beware that Braviax rogues have ability to affect all operating systems, so it doesn't matter that Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 is specifically targeted at Windows 8, there are many other versions of this rogue that can affect Windows 7, Windows XP or Vista OS. In order to prevent infiltration of this threat, you should never believe alerts that appear out of nowhere and claim that you need to update Java, Flash or FLV player. In addition to that, you should stay away from alerts that offer checking computer with some kind of 'online scanner'. Finally, beware that it's very risky to open suspicious emails before checking their sender and making sure that they are reliable. One of the clearest signs indicating that your computer has already been infected are such and similar alerts:
Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
If you have already received any of such notifications, do not hesitate and scan your computer with a reputable anti-spyware immediately.
How to remove Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 virus?
If your computer is infected by Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 virus, you should remove it ASAP. For that we recommend you to select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoid manual removal. When relying on this option, you should just download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Zorton Win 8 Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Click on Windows key and go to the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General.
- Click theRestart Now buttonunder Advanced Startup.
- Now selectTroubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
- Now choose Restart and press F5.
- Launch IE or other browser and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download a program on your desktop and launch it to remove malicious files.
3. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.