Delta-homes.com is a search site, which is promoted by freeware and shareware. As soon as it gets inside, this browser hijacker becomes the start page, default search engine and new tab page. If you try searching the Internet with its help, you must be aware that, in most of the cases, Delta-homes.com returns altered search results for its victims. Besides, it may show you annoying pop-up advertisements and may also be set to track your browsing habits. We must say that technically this is not a virus, but it should be avoided because it may redirect you to potentially malicious site that promotes serious viruses. If you have noticed Delta-homes.com on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other web browsers, you should eliminate freeware that has brought this hijacker on your computer. Don’t forget to run a full system scan to make sure that there are no malicious files on your computer.
UPDATE: Delta Homes renewed its activity in FEB 26, 2014. We received massive reports about this infection from Poland and other Europe's countries. At the moment of writing you should be very careful when downloading Softonic, Babylon Toolbar, uTorrent, Any.Do, BeeLine Reader, etc.
WHY DO I SEE DELTA HOMES ON MY COMPUTER?
As we have said, Delta-homes.com is distributed with the help of freeware bad shareware. Remember that you should always choose custom installation method and check additional downloads when installing such free applications on your computer. As soon as it is downloaded, Delta-homes.com alters default search engine, start page and new tab page on all web browsers that are installed on the system. Be sure that this is done for the only aim – to make you visit related websites and also show you sponsored pop-up ads. We don’t recommend ignoring such activity on your computer. If you have noticed such changes on your browsers, follow the guide given below and remove Delta-homes.com.
HOW TO REMOVE DELTA HOMES?
If you want to get rid of Delta-homes.com from all your browsers,you are recommended following these steps. Don't forget to scan the system with updated SpyHunter to make sure that your machine if free of potentially malicious files.
First of all, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta Toolbar, Delta Homes, Babylon, conduit and similar unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions (Homes by Delta, Delta Homes, Delta Toolbar, etc.) and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use