MacVX is an application that should enable faster streaming of online videos. At least that is what developers of this program are claiming. Moreover, this application is compatible with all major browsers. However, there are a couple of interesting facts that you should know about this program. In fact, MacVX is recognized as an adware for a couple of reasons. Firstly, this program is free; therefore, in order to make money, its developers are cooperating with various advertisers. Secondly, this questionable application may travel as an extra attachment together with other freewares. Thirdly, MacVX ads may redirect you to an unsafe website that you do not want to visit. Finally, this program may track your online activities and use this information for various commercial purposes. We recommend removing this program as soon as you spot it on your computer.
How can MacVX hijack my computer?
You can download MacVX virus directly or add this untrustworthy program to your system when install unfamiliar freewares. In order to avoid this potentially unwanted program, we can give you a couple of helpful tips on how to install unfamiliar freewares and how to remove such intruders. To begin with, you should avoid questionable download websites. Freewares are usually the main cause of an adware infection. Furthermore, always check what programs you install. For that, read end-user license agreement (EULA) part and choose 'advanced' (or 'custom') installation option. Carefully follow every step of the installation and unmark such questionable attachments as MacVX virus. If you fail to do so, you may experience MacVX redirects every time when you start your browsing session. By the way, keep your computer protected with a reliable and updated anti-spyware program.
How to remove MacVX from my computer?
Don't worry, even if you are a computer expert, you can easily add this potentially unwanted program and not even notice it. Follow these simple guidelines and eliminate MacVX adware from your computer.
- Remove MacVX from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as MacVX, Coinis Downloader, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove MacVX extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.