Ransomed@india virus Removal Guide
What is Ransomed@india ransomware?
Ransomed@india ransomware – a dangerous virus that encrypts files with
Ransomed@india is one of the most dangerous crypto-virus which is related to CryptoOn and Damoclis ransomware. This ransomware is designed to encrypt different files on the targeted computer and append .firstname.lastname@example.org file extension to mark files that became unavailable. After the attack is finished, victims are unable to open and use their files. However, they can find a new file that provides instructions how to get back access to the important data. They have to pay a set amount of Bitcoins or other digital currency to recover files encrypted by Ransomed india virus.
|Danger level||High. Makes system changes and corrupts files|
|Release date||2018 May|
|Symptoms||Encrypted files, suspicious processes running on the system, sluggish computer's performance|
|Distribution||Malicious spam email attachments|
|Data recovery||By using backups, third party software|
|To get rid of Ransomed@india, install ReimageIntego and run a full system scan|
Ransomed@india.com has been spreading via emails that contain an obfuscated attachment. If users are tricked into opening Word, PDF or Zip file, they download ransomware payload to their computer. Malware is immediately executed and begins its hazardous task.
First tasks for the Ransomed india virus are to disable security programs, install malicious components, and settle in on the affected computer. Once it's done, malware starts scanning Windows machine looking for the targeted files. The file-encrypting virus can encode the following types of files:
- MS Office or OpenOffice,
- Other popular file types.
The ransomware uses a strong encryption cipher and might delete Shadow Volume Copies. Hence, data recovery becomes nearly impossible. Therefore, users might be willing to pay the demanded sum of money in order to restore their files. However, security specialists from bedynet.ru warn that paying the ransom rarely gives desired results.
According to developers of Ransomed@india ransomware, victims can receive help and ask questions via these addresses:
xxxx://45pivhvier7acz3d.onion.to (not need Tor);
xxxxs://45pivhvier7acz3d.onion.cab (not need Tor);
xxxx://45pivhvier7acz3d.onion (need Tor)
However, we can easily guess that they will try to convince their victims that the only way to recover locked data is by transferring the money. Take into account that authors of Ransomed@india.com might disappear as soon as they receive the ransom because the primary purpose of the cybercrime is achieved. Such cyber threats are created for swindling the money only. Data recovery is just an optional task for crooks. Hence, paying the ransom becomes a waste of money.
A full ransom note of this malware reads:
ALL YOUR WORK AND PERSONAL FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED
Damoclis gladius Ransomware
To decrypt your files you need to buy the special software – «Damoclis gladius decryptor»
To recover data, follow the instructions!
You can find out the details/ask questions in the e-mail:
If the resource is not available for a long time, install and use the Tor-browser:
1. Run your internet-browser
2. Enter or copy the address [link] in the address bar of your browser and press key ENTER
3. On the site will be offered to download the Tor-browser, download and install it. Run.
4. Connect with the button “Connect” (if you use the English version)
5. After connection, the usual Tor-browser window will open
6. Enter or copy the address [link] in the address bar of Tor-browser and press key ENTER
7. Wait for the site to load
// If you have any problems installing or using please visit the video tutorial [link]
Currently, a free Ransomed@india decryptor is not available. However, malware researchers are working on the solution to help victims. Meanwhile, you can try using third-party tools that we have explained below the article.
If you are one of the users who regularly back up their files, you do not need to worry about lost information. You can plug in an external storage device and transfer needed files as soon as you remove Ransomed@india from the computer. Do not connect external drive while the virus is on the machine! It might affect it too.
Ransomed@india removal requires using professional malware removal tools because crypto-malware is capable of installing numerous malicious components and affecting legit processes. So, it’s nearly impossible to terminate the virus manually. We highly suggest using ReimageIntego for the elimination, because it does not only cleans the computer but fixes files or registry entries corrupted by ransomware too.
Ransomed@india ransomware is a file-encrypting virus that demands to pay the money in exchange for decryptor.
Creators of ransomware use malicious spam emails as the main distribution strategy
Malicious spam emails are the most popular ransomware distribution method for a couple of years. Crooks create different emails and pretend to be representatives from governmental institutions, parcel delivery services or other popular organizations in order to trick users into opening the attached file.
While some letters include lots of mistakes and can be easily identified, others are perfectly crafted. For this reason, people often fall for the scam and open a safely-looking attachment. Though, it’s important not to rush opening received files. First of all, make sure that you were supposed to receive such email and check the attachment for malicious content with online malware scanners.
Get rid of Ransomed@india and recover your files
The functionality of ransomware requires using anti-malware software for a proper Ransomed@india removal procedure. We highly recommend using ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes because these tools are capable of detecting all recent cyber threats and cleaning all malware-related components from the system.
However, downloading and running security software might not be that simple. The virus might block these attempts. In this case, you will need to disable ransomware first. The instructions below will show you how to do it and remove Ransomed@india ransomware from the machine.
After that, you can restore your files from backups. However, if you do not have them, we suggest trying other recovery options presented below. Hopefully, these methods will help to get back at least some of the files until the official decryptor is released.
Getting rid of Ransomed@india virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
The following instructions will help you to disable Ransomed@india ransomware and run automatic elimination:
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove Ransomed@india using System Restore
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of Ransomed@india. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove Ransomed@india from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by Ransomed@india, you can use several methods to restore them:
Try Data Recovery Pro to restore files encrypted by Ransomed@india ransomware
It's not an official decryptor, but this tool might help to restore at least some of the encrypted files.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by Ransomed@india ransomware;
- Restore them.
Try Windows Previous Versions feature
If System Restore was enabled before ransomware attack, you might be capable of copying previously saved versions of the encrypted data.
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
If you are lucky enough and ransomware did not delete Shadow Volume Copies, this tool can help to recover lost data:
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
Ransomed@india decryptor is not available yet
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from Ransomed@india and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.