What is Retrogamer Toolbar?
Retrogamer Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program, which is compatible with Google Chrome web browser. Nevertheless, all programs are constantly updated, so there will be no surprise if you will discover it installed on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers. No matter how trustworthy it looks, you should be very careful with Retrogamer Toolbar because it’s one of these programs that are used for affiliate marketing and other suspicious activities. That’s why you may notice an increased amount of pop-up ads, redirects, slowdowns and similar issues. Some people don’t mind them, others can’t deal with them. Besides, some things may not be noticed when having this toolbar installed on your web browser(s). According to its developers, it may also be set to track people’s web browsing on the Internet. It becomes obvious that it may try to collect information about your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter on each of these sites, your IP address and even your email address. If you think that this information is important, you should avoid Retrogamer. If you noticed that each of your search sessions end on MyWebSearch or other unknown search engine, it might be that this PUP has already infiltrated your PC without an appropriate permission asked. In this case, you should think what freeware have you recently installed on your computer.
How can Retrogamer Toolbar i my computer?
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of Retrogamer Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove Retrogamer Toolbar?
- Uninstall programs that are related to Retrogamer from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for RetrogamerToolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Retrogamer, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.