Why should I remove Wizesearch.com from my computer?
Wizesearch.com (or Wize Search) is a browser hijacker which has been accused for various computer-related problems. No matter how convincing it looks, it can’t show you “wize” search results because its aim is to reroute users to specific websites and help them increase their visitors’ traffic. In exchange for this activity, the developers of this browser hijacker collect the money. This legitimate-looking and very aesthetic search engine works through several domains. You can reach it thru search.snapdo.com or feed.wizesearch.com, though, when trying to access the latter domain, you will be immediately redirected to search.snapdo.com. A collaboration between Wize Search and Snapdo is rather concerning because no self-respecting site would want to be associated search.snapdo.com. It is a infamous browser hijacker which affiliates with numerous companies and imitates a search engine to generate ads on the infected browsers. This collaboration only raises more questions about the Wize Search itself. When this domain fails to send you to Snapdo, it immediately opens a custom Yahoo search when you hit the search button. This is not a good sign either because the custom search allows various modifications in your search results and may bring up, for example, sponsored links. Unfortunately it was found that this is exactly what Wizesearch does once it enters the computer. By clicking such sponsored search results, you may find yourself on suspicious websites that may be filled with other PUPs or even malware. If you expect your search engine to provide you with relevant information, you can remove Wizesearch and move to the next search engine because this site does not provide any of it. For a system cleanup we recommend using ReimageIntego.
Questions about Wizesearch.com virus
How does this malware hijack your PC?
This browser hijacker used the chance to sneak into your computer when you least expected it: during the installation of a completely legitimate freeware or shareware application or a supposed Adobe Flash update. Users often forget or are completely unaware of the fact that even the legitimate and trustworthy programs bring some hidden components along and may cause hijack of each of their web browsers. Scammers are well aware of this knowledge gap and use it to attach a potentially unwanted program to any of the popular programs. This is exactly how this PUP usually settles on computers. Luckily, you can prevent Wizesearch hijack by simply sparing extra few minutes of your time to install downloaded software using “Advanced” options. This action alone will not stop the potentially unwanted programs from installing. You must manually go through the following installation stages, indicate suspicious attachments and cancel their installation.
Everything you need to know about the Wizesearch.com removal:
Do not let this suspicious ruin your browsing experience, switch to a more reliable search service provider instead and remove Wizesearch.com from your computer immediately. This virus is not difficult to get rid of you can do it both, manually and automatically. If you do not wish to be bothered with a lengthy process of manual virus removal, cut to the chase and use automatic antivirus utility to scan your computer and delete the virus. For more advanced users, we also offer manual Wizesearch.com removal option. There is a detailed guide provided just below this article for you to follow.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Wizesearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Uninstall Wizesearch.com from Windows systems
To uninstall this hijacker manually, you need to get rid of every component related to it. You need to find Wizesearch.com, Wizesearch, Wize Search, and similar components that you don’t recognize in your Task Manager. Besides, remove hxxp://wizesearch.com.. from Windows Shortcuts.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Wizesearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Wizesearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Wizesearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Eliminate Wizesearch.com from Mac OS X system
To remove this browser hijacker completely, make sure you uninstall Wizesearch.com, Wizesearch, Wize Search, and similar components that could be related to the same developer.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Wizesearch.com from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Wizesearch.com-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Wizesearch.com, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Wizesearch.com and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Wizesearch.com-related entries.
Delete Wizesearch.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Wizesearch.com and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Wizesearch.com removal.
Erase Wizesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Wizesearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Wizesearch.com removal.
Remove Wizesearch.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Wizesearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Wizesearch.com removal.
Uninstall Wizesearch.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Wizesearch.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Wizesearch.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Wizesearch.com removal process.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.