Why should I remove Wizesearch.com from my computer?
Wizesearch.com (or Wize Search) is a browser hijacker which has been accused for various computer-related problems. No matter how convincing it looks, it can’t show you “wize” search results because its aim is to reroute users to specific websites and help them increase their visitors’ traffic. In exchange for this activity, the developers of this browser hijacker collect the money. This legitimate-looking and very aesthetic search engine works through several domains. You can reach it thru search.snapdo.com or feed.wizesearch.com, though, when trying to access the latter domain, you will be immediately redirected to search.snapdo.com. A collaboration between Wize Search and Snapdo is rather concerning because no self-respecting site would want to be associated search.snapdo.com. It is a infamous browser hijacker which affiliates with numerous companies and imitates a search engine to generate ads on the infected browsers. This collaboration only raises more questions about the Wize Search itself. When this domain fails to send you to Snapdo, it immediately opens a custom Yahoo search when you hit the search button. This is not a good sign either because the custom search allows various modifications in your search results and may bring up, for example, sponsored links. Unfortunately it was found that this is exactly what Wizesearch does once it enters the computer. By clicking such sponsored search results, you may find yourself on suspicious websites that may be filled with other PUPs or even malware. If you expect your search engine to provide you with relevant information, you can remove Wizesearch and move to the next search engine because this site does not provide any of it. For a system cleanup we recommend using Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego.
Questions about Wizesearch.com virus
How does this malware hijack your PC?
This browser hijacker used the chance to sneak into your computer when you least expected it: during the installation of a completely legitimate freeware or shareware application or a supposed Adobe Flash update. Users often forget or are completely unaware of the fact that even the legitimate and trustworthy programs bring some hidden components along and may cause hijack of each of their web browsers. Scammers are well aware of this knowledge gap and use it to attach a potentially unwanted program to any of the popular programs. This is exactly how this PUP usually settles on computers. Luckily, you can prevent Wizesearch hijack by simply sparing extra few minutes of your time to install downloaded software using “Advanced” options. This action alone will not stop the potentially unwanted programs from installing. You must manually go through the following installation stages, indicate suspicious attachments and cancel their installation.
Everything you need to know about the Wizesearch.com removal:
Do not let this suspicious ruin your browsing experience, switch to a more reliable search service provider instead and remove Wizesearch.com from your computer immediately. This virus is not difficult to get rid of you can do it both, manually and automatically. If you do not wish to be bothered with a lengthy process of manual virus removal, cut to the chase and use automatic antivirus utility to scan your computer and delete the virus. For more advanced users, we also offer manual Wizesearch.com removal option. There is a detailed guide provided just below this article for you to follow.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Wizesearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Uninstall Wizesearch.com from Windows systems
To uninstall this hijacker manually, you need to get rid of every component related to it. You need to find Wizesearch.com, Wizesearch, Wize Search, and similar components that you don’t recognize in your Task Manager. Besides, remove hxxp://wizesearch.com.. from Windows Shortcuts.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Wizesearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Wizesearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Wizesearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Eliminate Wizesearch.com from Mac OS X system
To remove this browser hijacker completely, make sure you uninstall Wizesearch.com, Wizesearch, Wize Search, and similar components that could be related to the same developer.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Wizesearch.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete Wizesearch.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Wizesearch.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Wizesearch.com removal.
Erase Wizesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Wizesearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Wizesearch.com removal.
Remove Wizesearch.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Wizesearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Wizesearch.com removal.
Uninstall Wizesearch.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Wizesearch.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Wizesearch.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Wizesearch.com removal process.
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.