Spreediscount.com is a deceptive site that can lead its victims to the data loss by tricking them into participating in fake contests
Spreediscount.com is an adware which has been actively causing redirects on Mac operating system. If you got redirected to this site unwillingly, your device is infected with a potentially unwanted program that initiates various redirects and intrusive commercial content each time you start using the affected web browser. While the most of potentially unwanted applications have one purpose of generating revenue, this PUP is seeking to trick its victims into revealing their personal information. Scams that are used by this adware include Congratulations Amazon user, Amazon Membership Rewards, Google Customer Reward Program, and similar scams.
|Symptoms||Redirects your online browsing traffic to malicious sites, deliver intrusive ads seeking to swindle sensitive information|
|Affects||Mac computer users|
|Distribution||Software bundles, deceptive ads|
|Elimination||Download and use Reimage Reimage Cleaner for detecting malware on your computer|
Spreediscount.com works as a scam stating about a possibility to win valuable prizes like smartphones, Amazon gift cards, and similar useful things. Working similarly to other scams, this program suggests people answer various questions and supposedly maximize their chances to win. Unfortunately, the questionnaire is not going to give you any positive results because it is designed to collect information about your habits online and even your sensitive data.
People often call this website a Spreediscount.com virus because of the unwanted activity that the site causes. However, you are suffering from constant redirects because of the related adware installed on your web browser. While it is not a malicious virus, you shouldn't leave this program on your device because it can easily lead you to serious browsing-related issues and even the loss of important data.
Hackers know that people tend to believe this scam using the name of a well-known company like Amazon. Besides, they claim that the company is giving an opportunity to win an iPhone X or other prizes. However, these surveys are used just to accumulate specific information about the victim, including:
- email address;
- full name;
- the computer's IP address;
- browser's type used by the victim,
- search queries;
- most visited websites;
Also, you may be asked to enter more personal details about you. Adware can track your Twitter activity or even ask you to put in the credit card information. This data collecting issue should be the first red flag encouraging you to remove Spreediscount.com virus from the system.
If you want to perform a proper Spreediscount.com removal and improve the performance of your PC, you need to get rid of the virus and fix the damage that it caused. To see if your computer is infected, use Reimage Reimage Cleaner . This step is important because silent infections like adware can install other applications and programs without your permission. Besides, they can alter the Registry, add or remove specific files and initiate other changes on the system.
Spreediscount.com is a program that redirects to fake sites offering rewards and surveys. Pop-up windows typically claim that you have an opportunity to win various prizes.
Potentially dangerous programs can be found in software bundles
If you have ever used p2p network sites or other similar services for downloading freeware on your computer, you need to remember that you need to opt for Advanced or Custom options during the installation. According to numerous security researchers, each of these options could help you see the full list of programs bundled together with the app you are willing to install. This step also gives an opportunity to de-select additional applications from the list.
Also, to prevent adware and scams on your browser, you should avoid getting any updates or software from randomly appearing pop-up ads and update alerts. Purchasing apps this way can cause even more issues than occasional PUP. Keeping your software up-to-date using reputable providers can make a huge difference in the security of your device.
Eliminate Spreediscount.com and fix system changes that it caused
To fix the damage this adware program has caused, and to remove Spreediscount.com completely, you should use anti-malware tools like Reimage Reimage Cleaner , SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes. These programs can detect various cyber infections and silent intruders right after being launched. The scan should take 5 minutes or so to indicate which software needs to be fixed or removed from the system.
It is easy to perform an automatic Spreediscount.com removal using these tools. However, you can follow the manual elimination steps that we provided down below and get rid of the unwanted redirects this way. Clean all of your browsers and remove additional extensions or tools to get rid of the intrusive activity.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Spreediscount.com, follow these steps:
Remove Spreediscount.com from Mac OS X system
Get rid of Spreediscount.com from your Mac Operating System by following these steps:
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Spreediscount.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Eliminate Spreediscount.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Spreediscount.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Spreediscount.com removal.
Delete Spreediscount.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Spreediscount.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Spreediscount.com removal.
Get rid of Spreediscount.com from Google Chrome
Clean your browser get back to safe time online:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Spreediscount.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Spreediscount.com removal.
Uninstall Spreediscount.com from Safari
Follow this removal guide and delete Spreediscount.com:
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Spreediscount.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Spreediscount.com removal process.